Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vin stamp on 67 frame-rear stamp location??

kobi67

Corvette
1967 coupe, 1979 bought new.
I am trying to find the rear vin stamp on my 67 frame. Pretty rusty.. I think it should be back by the rear body mount, not above the rear shock mount as in earlier cars. I read that some cars did not get two stamps? If anyone could tell me exactly where the rear vin should be, I will start grinding to find it.. Thanks, Kurt

It should be located somewhere between the shock mount and the body mount; clean the area thoroughly, but don't grind on it - the impression isn't very deep, and you could grind it out. After you clean whatever crud/rust is there, wipe some white shoe polish on the area, then wipe across it with a rag; some of the white will remain in the impression and will make it easier to see.
:beer

JohnZ, Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the stamp was back near the mount. I have been looking and so far can't find it..Kurt

Here's a Pic...or ...a 1000 Words

vina.jpg

Here is an impression I made of the VIN which is located on the top of the frame rail, about the middle of the drivers seat. PT

framevin.jpg

I thought on 67, the stamping was back by the rear body mount. 65 was above the shock mount..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom