Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Visited Callaway West- 100+ intake go?

Gaymond Lee

Corvette
1990 Steel Blue #50
Thank you Pete for letting me drive your car and inviting me to come by so you could check out my car. Reeves drove my car and he said there was probably enough interest to start tooling up for the 100+ intake (unsure if he has said this before) getting caught up with the new vettes. For the people who did not buy 90-050 you ended up saving money as it sounds like it will take some work to get it running right but at least they said they could start the work in a couple of months. What a wonderful car guy day :D Great weather and only the 2nd time I have driven my car since (for more than a block or two) buying it in 11/06. I had the opportunity to see the green speedster, drive Pete's 600+ HP vette, see a C12 up close, and of course, meet with Reeves and Pete Callaway (automotive royalty is the only way I can explain this to my non car loving friends)

Gaymond,

:upthumbs

You definitely had a great day!...

The ellusive 100+ intake has been something that quite a few owners have asked for of late. It would be very cool to see it return and together with the new brake package they are working on will be a great addition to bring the Twin Turbo's up to par with today's offerings.

Thanks for the update and stay in touch...

-Luigi
:cool

Hope to see you at the Callaway reunion at Carlisle (fly or drive) Aug 23-26

Very cool!! I know of one particular person who would LOVE to see the 100+ manifold made.

Thank you Pete for letting me drive your car and inviting me to come by so you could check out my car. Reeves drove my car and he said there was probably enough interest to start tooling up for the 100+ intake (unsure if he has said this before) getting caught up with the new vettes. For the people who did not buy 90-050 you ended up saving money as it sounds like it will take some work to get it running right but at least they said they could start the work in a couple of months. What a wonderful car guy day :D Great weather and only the 2nd time I have driven my car since (for more than a block or two) buying it in 11/06. I had the opportunity to see the green speedster, drive Pete's 600+ HP vette, see a C12 up close, and of course, meet with Reeves and Pete Callaway (automotive royalty is the only way I can explain this to my non car loving friends)

Wow, that does sound like an awesome day indeed! :upthumbs

What were your driving impressions of Pete's Test & Dev. Callaway?

The green Speedster is an amazing one - the last B2K to get the 100+ manifold. That is, until round II. Thanks for the update - post your drving impressions of the 600+ Callaway :lou

Wow, that does sound like an awesome day indeed! :upthumbs

What were your driving impressions of Pete's Test & Dev. Callaway?

The green Speedster is an amazing one - the last B2K to get the 100+ manifold. That is, until round II. Thanks for the update - post your drving impressions of the 600+ Callaway :lou
I drove Pete's car and followed my car to their shop about 1/2 mile down the road. I had a hard time getting it started (didn't know where to stick the key in) until I recalled that it was a push button start. I didn't get a chance to jump on it but could tell that it would easily smoke my 390rwhp Super Charged NSX (with weight eduction). I would definitely buy one as it is a super bargain for $27k (or $17k with the 560hp option) on top of an '07 Vette (which I have heard start at $38k-ish?) I would never get rid of the B2k but might consider losing a couple of other cars to do this. I would buy Pete's car if I could get a good deal either on the Test & Dev Vette (when they are done with it) or the E30 M3 that was next to the C12 (Which is parked outside/covered btw at the Callaway residence).

Reeves went over the history of my car with their records and stated that they would have to keep working on the new cars but would have to make arrangements to get someone just dedicated to work on the 100+ kit and our B2k cars. No one currently working for Callaway cars worked on the b2k cars when new. He was thinking that work could be started in a couple of months when their schedule lets up? I think/hope Pete was joking when he told my friend that it would probably be the same price to buy a new vette with what I wanted done but I'm committed to getting the car running as good as can be. I'm only 40 miles away from their shop so there is no expense with shipping the car nor anxiety with whether or not the work will be done correctly.

Gaymond,

You are very luck to be so close... I try to work in "upgrades" to my B2K around the Carlisle, PA corvette show every August, and in particularly every 5 years when a Callaway Reunion is the official theme.

I have similar goals to yours though at the moment my B2K already makes very good power (probably at 500HP) and would love to see the 100+ intake (my internals are already upgraded to support it) though more important for me right now are brakes to stop the car.

As for something in the likes of a C6.... :D

-Luigi
:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom