Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vortex Rammer Cold Air System

ok i read that

so if i read that coreectly, does it still get air from outside the car

said fromt eh radioator shroud
it pulls from out side the car too right?

so my question is this

i put a ram air gril on my car and buy that and should be able to use that for its air right, or wrong

If you split the intake flow into hot and cold, you would most likely lose power, because more air = more power... the difference in temperature is not nearly as important as how much air the car gets

The vortex rammer:

Vortex_RA2.jpg

votec rammer

Your Pic looked good! I installed the same system on my 98 coupe. I'm really happy with the system. 28.7 MPG on the highway @ 75-80 MPH, with a whole lot of ponies in reserve. Plus at car shows you get alot of questions and "that looks cool" comments. Have fun with your rammer especially with those mustages with their loud eshaust.

Mike

-=Jeff=- said:
The vortex rammer:

Hey that car looks familiar :D

The Vortex is a good design bringing cool air in from underneath
the front of the car. Unfortunately the duct on the original units were poorly made. Breathless eventually fixed the problem but only because of a few persistent people, one of them being myself. Needless to say they are not
a great company to deal with IMO and I will never buy anything from them again after the way I was treated. Anyway...
In my previous 3 runs before the Rammer went on my 94 my best MPH was
97.8 with an ET of 13.92. With the Rammer the next 3 runs, about 2 weeks later in similar weather, my ET only improved to a best of 13.82 but my MPH was consistently up @100-101 mph.

So what we can conclude is that we don't have any conclusions?:L

It would be indeed quite difficult to get a number in terms of a HP increase because the car would have to be moving. And it would also be difficult to come to conclusions on the track because I think that you'll never make the same run twice.

Would putting the car on a dyno, with a big fan in front be enough to simulate a real world driving condition in terms of wind hitting the front of the car?

I realize this is an old post and I appologize for dragging it back out. This post gave me an idea though. Has anyone ever seen a dyno in a wind tunnel? I know it would be an expensive setup just to test ram air kits... Just a thought from a guy with very little knowledge and a lot of imagination.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom