Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wait for Spring to buy?

Steamer

Corvette
I know there will be more Corvettes selling in the Spring... but will I end up paying more for the same car in the spring rather than at this time of the year?

I don't know if I would say there would be more in the spring. A lot of people try to get rid of there Corvette going into winter because of storage, and the fact that you can't drive them. You will pay more buying in the spring, I am not sure how much. There are definetly deals now with the C6 coming out, and people moving up. Just keep your eyes open and you will find the one, like I did, by the way welcome to the CAC!

Need more info!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Steamer

Welcome to the CAC.

In order for us to help you please be more specific as what you would like and the budget you are working with?

Alan

The Spring Thaw is here and Corvette Fever is starting to hit . . .

Steamer said:
I know there will be more Corvettes selling in the Spring... but will I end up paying more for the same car in the spring rather than at this time of the year?
Prices are inching up as we speak.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Better sooner than later particularly if you are looking for a C-4.

There are plenty of Vettes for sale. I've been looking for just over 6 months and coincidently I'm flying to CA tomorrow morning to purchase my first Vette.:)
I'll tell you guys all about it when I get back after my 950 mile drive home.

Peabody

Mr. Peabody said:
Better sooner than later particularly if you are looking for a C-4.

There are plenty of Vettes for sale. I've been looking for just over 6 months and coincidently I'm flying to CA tomorrow morning to purchase my first Vette.:)
I'll tell you guys all about it when I get back after my 950 mile drive home.

Peabody
Enjoy the Ride! :Steer

Thanks I plan to just hoping I don't hit any snow or ice as I have to go through several mountain passes. But the big grin is already starting!!!!!

Steamer said:

If you are looking at convertibles then I would say definitely the price will go up as soon as the nice weather hits. It has been said that the best time to buy a car is the week between Christmas and New Year's, and as it has past, I'd have to agree that prices are inching upward.

Good luck with your purchase

kingman said:
In order for us to help you please be more specific as what you would like and the budget you are working with?

I'm looking for a 1994 (hopefully a 6 speed) for around $10k

Flipping through some pages I would say that is very duable at this time. Expect the car to have around 80k miles on them. Maybe a bit more for a manual but sounds like a good plan. Just take your time. Find the one that fits you, thats a wonderful thing about Corvettes, there are so many to choose from that you can find one just for you.

~Ripp

Winter is the time to buy! People are too busy driving during the warm weather to think about selling.:D

Typically, prices go up in good weather, since its a summer weather car. Spring is a seller's market.

Fall is the buyer's market.

Steamer said:

There are no seasonal prices for used cars, or new cars for that matter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom