Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Want 11" wheels on your 88+C4 (w/out sticking out)- here's how to fit a ZR1 offset...

*89x2*

Want 11" wheels on your 88+C4 - here's how to fit a ZR1 offset...

I was thinking how we Callaway owners have a problem fitting the 17x11" Wide Dymags in the rear on our B2K's or LT1 based Supernaturals and recalled how a friend of mine overcame that situation.

In 1991, my friend had ordered an L98 coupe - In search of wider rubber, choices were limited back then for wheels, he bought a set of 11" wide ZR1 rears and bolted them on only to find they pushed the tires out beyone the fenders :eek

The solution was to install, 1987 or earlier sized knuckles in the back.

They fit perfectly with zero issues :upthumbs

90Callaway (Kevin), now you can run those wide 11" Dymags you picked up :upthumbs with this (kinda) simple change;)

Hope this helps :beer

Exotic Muscle has been doing that for a while. Not exactly easy to do or cheap, but since rim selection (Dymag) is limited, it's probably the only alternative.

*89x2* said:
90Callaway (Kevin), now you can run those wide 11" Dymags you picked up :upthumbs with this (kinda) simple change;)

Hmmm... that's something to think about. Maybe I could hold traction at full boost in 4th gear then.

Jeffvette said:
Exotic Muscle has been doing that for a while. Not exactly easy to do or cheap, but since rim selection (Dymag) is limited, it's probably the only alternative.

Back in 1991, when my friend did this, I don't think anyone was selling the parts needed - what prompted him to try this was that he had just sold his 87 Vette w/ 17x11's on the back and since they fit inside the lips, he researched why & found the knuckles were different :cool

Not cheap but, a decent alternative for fitting the Dymags under the wheel lips :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom