Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Want to see a ZR-1 lap an '02 Z06 on track?

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
I copied this off the ZR-1 Net. Pretty cool video. Put on the headphones, turn up the volume, sit back and relax. :D

From Andy Denslow:

I know its all driver in this case; but its still fun to watch and
needle with. The Z06 driver belonged in the green run group the way he was driving. I passed him twice in 1 20 minute session. The video is ~15 mb and a little less than 20 minutes long. PS - The Z06 is black.
http://cf.denslow.net/videos/zr1tws1session113002100kbps.asf

There was 1 other (an '03) Z06 in my run group, he was running 2:08 & 9s w/o traffic; I was running 2:04s & 5s w/o traffic. His was red. You never see him in the video as he started right behind me.

If you want the cliff notes version w/ only my best lap on it here it
is (no Z06es get passed, though :( ): http://cf.denslow.net/videos/zr1tws1lap113002100kbps.asf

Awesome video! Thanks for posting Rob! What kind of speeds do you think were reached in that straightaway??

Jay

Good question....I was thinking 110-125mph??

WOW! That is so cool! When he got behind that little black car I thought the guy would never let him pass. I can't wait to have a car I can do that in. Thanks Rob!:upthumbs

- Eric:w

Straight away speeds

Speeds at the end of the front straight were 125-135+ depending on how good of a jump I got off of the last curve and whether or not I had to slow for someone in turn 1 ahead of me.

At the end of the back straight I was running 100-110. I need to work on the gut check on the curve following the back straight. I was only taking it at mid-80s, my car should be able to handle mid 90s. Kind of takes your stomache away with the drop followed by a rise on that curve.

Andy,

Great video. :) Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

I cannot get either of the two links to work. I keep getting a "page cannot be displayed" message. Could it be that my computer won't recognize them, or are they overloaded? I sure would like to be able to watch that zr-1 run!

The ISP I use to host them has been down since about 10:00 AM yesterday. They are claiming fiber cut. I'll post again when they are back up.

Got it that time. Thanks for re-posting it. Great driving! Cool shots with the ZR-1Cam! Way to handle the competition!:bash

I didnt watch the entire video, but the first car passed is a Porsche 911, isnt it? Is the VIper later in the video?

Coolcar70 said:
Got it that time. Thanks for re-posting it. Great driving! Cool shots with the ZR-1Cam! Way to handle the competition!:bash

Thanks!

I go back in a week and 2 days :D

dmkoger said:
I didnt watch the entire video, but the first car passed is a Porsche 911, isnt it? Is the VIper later in the video?

Yes, that was a 911 Carerra 4. There were no Vipers, it was a Z06 that the thread refers to.

The King layeth the smacketh down. Great Driving!!!

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom