Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wanted: 1967 Big Block Hood

Firemist1

Corvette
1967 Marina Blue Coupe + 2010 Grand Sport Conv.
Looking for an original 1967 Big Block Hood to replace the aftermarket one on my Corvette. I will be painting the car soon and would like to put the correct one on at that time. Anyone have leads? As a fall back position, are the Eckler's press molded hoods good quality? Do they have the correct reinforcements and configuration as originals?

1967 Corvette Hood

Thanks for the info. One sounds original and the other is a reproduction. I have sent inquiries.

67 BB hood

Ihave a original 67 BB hood plus hardware. ALso live in Wa. so this could make it possible for you to look at it.. Ghost shark:cool

A buddy of mine had his original big block hood hanging in the ceiling of his garage. The Monday before Christmas, his house burned, and lost everything in the garage...fortunately, he was out in the Vette when it happened. The 67 coupe is about all he has left. He told me that he would sleep in the Vette before he has to sell it! He is still waiting for insurance to settle.

Bill

67 Corvette Hood

I don't suppose a miracle happened here and the fire burned all around the hood, but left the hood intact??? Oh well, I'm still looking.

i've got one, but i'm all the way down in Alabama. if you didn't get the one in WA, let me know.

macpeppers

I have not received a reply yet from the other inquiries I have made. How much are you asking for your hood? Is it an original? Condition? Hardware included? Thanks.

i'm asking $1,000 plus shipping cost. it's original, no damage. it's painted red and on my 63. i'm looking for an original 63 hood to replace it. i have no idea how much shipping would be but if you're interested, i'll find out. i can crate it myself. i'll send you a couple of pictures. it would not include the hardware. the hood grill is included, but it is pitted and painted black, probably not useable.

1967 Big Block Hood

Thanks for your help everyone. I bought the hood from Ghost Shark in Seattle tonight. I really appreciate all of the help I received.

Re: 1967 Big Block Hood

Firemist1 said:
Thanks for your help everyone. I bought the hood from Ghost Shark in Seattle tonight. I really appreciate all of the help I received.

Way to go fire, now get that painted and show us some pic's.....

:w :w :w :beer

i'm asking $1,000 plus shipping cost. it's original, no damage. it's painted red and on my 63. i'm looking for an original 63 hood to replace it. i have no idea how much shipping would be but if you're interested, i'll find out. i can crate it myself. i'll send you a couple of pictures. it would not include the hardware. the hood grill is included, but it is pitted and painted black, probably not useable.

Do you still have the 67 BB hood?

1967 BB hood

I see you have a 1967 BB hood. I have a stock red hood off a 1965-67 that I'd be willing to work on a trade or just buy the one you got. If you are interested either way send pics of hood to pgsmith@stny.rr.com.

Do you still have 67 BB hood?

You do realize that the post you are referring to is 12 years old don't you? I know you are grasping at straws here, so you probably do realize it. Good luck with your search.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom