Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

!!!WANTED!!! 74' luggage rack bullets/tips

I

igasper10

I'm looking for these black bullets/tips for my Stingray. Has anyone else had problems with these falling out or rattling loose? Thanx for all replies!

Ian - ;help

Ian,

Again...I can't help you find those black "bullets", but we had a luggage rack on our '74 (we added it when we bought the car) and never had a problem with them loosening or rattling.

Elaine

I pulled the chrome luggage rack from my 72 last month and replaced it with a stainless steel one (the chrome on mine had seen better days). The black plastic bullets are probably the same.

You're welcome to the bullets or the entire rack (hardware and all) if you want. You've gotta cover the shipping, though. I'm sure it can be rechromed, but I just wasn't up for the hassle.

If you just want the bullets, tell me how to get them off without damaging them.

I have a luggage rack, how many posts does yours have? I'll check and see if tips are all good, and make you a deal.

Mike

Mike Carter said:
I have a luggage rack, how many posts does yours have? I'll check and see if tips are all good, and make you a deal.

Mike

If you're tips are good, I actually only need (1). Just let me know & thanx!!!

Ian

Erik S. Klein said:
If you just want the bullets, tell me how to get them off without damaging them.

You should just be able to pull them out without too much difficulty. I'm not sure though. If you need to use pliers, just put a cloth or something between the jaws and the bullet/tip to yank it out. I only need (1), but if they all come out pretty easy, I'll take them. Regardless of the outcome, thanx a lot for trying!!!

Ian

Erik S. Klein said:
I pulled the chrome luggage rack from my 72 last month and replaced it with a stainless steel one (the chrome on mine had seen better days). The black plastic bullets are probably the same.

You're welcome to the bullets or the entire rack (hardware and all) if you want. You've gotta cover the shipping, though. I'm sure it can be rechromed, but I just wasn't up for the hassle.

Any luck with removing those tips Erik???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom