Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WANTED : Seat belt extenders for '78

T

turbo78vair

Don't know if the extenders were even available for the '78, but would sure like to find a set for our Pace Car.

Thanks
Gary C - Indiana

Check with your local Chevy dealer. They were required by the Feds to stock them for all models a few years ago. I do not know if that has changed but I'll bet big money that the manufacturer wouldn't have taken them back for credit.

GM Seat belt extenders

1979toy said:
Check with your local Chevy dealer. They were required by the Feds to stock them for all models a few years ago. I do not know if that has changed but I'll bet big money that the manufacturer wouldn't have taken them back for credit.

Thanks for the response. I had already worked with our local Chev dealer. No luck even with a good try on their part. Don't think that GM went back that far (78) with belt extenders.
I have found place that either has or will make the extender. Not cheap, but then we're not really comfortable in the car as it is.

Take care
GaryC -'78 Pace car

Hey Purdue! Where are you? We're South of Indy in Franklin area. Company we'd learned about was ssnake-oyl.com. Sounds like they specialize in seat belt restoration. They also make a seat belt extender that works on '78 Vette. Cost is $45 each. I know they will make it in any color, but haven't gotten a response as to the length.

Good luck
Gary C - '78 Pace Car

Thanks Gary C --- I will checkout source. I am in Athens, Ga, a long way from boilermaker country but remain loyal.

Tom C 78PC

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom