Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! Warning: allfordautowrecking (eBay) All Ford Salvage, Anaheim, CA

WhalePirot

Corvette
1984 White Z-51/ZF6-40/Shinoda body
DO NOT BUY from this dishonest place. The title here is the eBay merchant name, the second the business name and locale.

Short form: I bought an Rustang engine for a project and it has a damaged piston, despite being represented as low miles, drop in and go. Problem is, as projects go, it was some time before I discovered it; hardly unique on an ECM engine the requires much more than a gas can and 12 volts to the starter, like days of yore.

The car is nearly finished and the initial wiring allowed, for the first time, starter action to turn over this engine, which revealed its hanging, hard, with rhythm, enough to shake the entire car.... Not good. My boroscope revealed a bright spot, (looked like a solder splash) until a closer look seems to show a hole in #3 piston; this, atop the history of stripped bolt holes for the bellhousing attachment to the block, the wrong starter, bolts inserted but having no strength; anything to fill a hole, it seemed, but overcome as they arose, by us.

When I called All Ford Salvage to see how we'd work out this problem, Jimmy said I don't remember you, may never have sold you an engine, that "every engine they sell is run". that they "never sold a bad engine", followed by accusing me and my 40+ year experienced expert mechanic & fabricator of dropping parts in it, or changing the heads. His web feedback, including the BBB complaint (not settled) reflects verbal and threatened physical abuse of a customer.

Jimmy, of allfordautowrecking.com also "didn't know" my trusted friend who 1) referred me to Jimmy, 2) accompanied me to P/U the engine/Tranny, and 3) had bought many engines and other parts from All Ford ovefr a number of years.

I almost find it interesting that the fine engine, as represented, had lots of sludge in the oil pan, yet totally dry heads; no oil at all from circulation. We think the heads were either pulled and redone, or this engine was cobbled together (see wrong starter, etc. , above).

Jimmy lied to me from day one, then tried to color me as he is: a liar. I have zero time, money or interest in sabotaging the speedy completion of this project... Who would. My fabricator painted my Shinoda-bodied Corvette as some of you have seen. The guy has a work ethic and attention to detail that is extremely rare today, harkening to another day and time; a time I knew decades ago, in the MidWest.

So. my fellow Vette aficianados, avoid All Ford Salvage and allfordautowrecking (eBay), unless this is your preferred customer experience. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom