Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warranty work on 2003 coupe automatic

N

Nick Palafox

6 months ago I bought my first vette. always wanted one, but didn't expect to ever have the opportunity to actually get one. i'm not a technically/mechanically minded person, but i know what i like. anyway's, i'm wondering if any of you's have ever experienced something i have. occassionally, as i accelerate and the gears change from 1st to 2nd the engine will "bog" a bit and then it'll move on smoothly into gear. there is no sound associated with it at all. the description i gave is about the best i can describe it. i guess you might call it a hesitation. however, the last time it did this i was on the highway and moved to change lanes. as i did i accelerated and it did this "bog" thing, only this time when it did i pressed the accelerator pretty much to the floor. when i did it continued to "bog/hesitate" but the RPM's didn't change nor did the engine race. that bothered me so i took it in to the dealership. however, it checked out ok. could someone explain, if there is one, what's happening or a solution? i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks.

Nick ~ Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Community ~

Nick,

I moved you questions into the C5 Tech Forums. Hope you find some answers to this "bog" thing.

Weclome aboard, enjoy the :Steer

I was having a similar issue with it bogging down. When I hit the throttle about 3/4 of the way down arounf 50mph it would bog.

An update to the ABS and traction control computers seems to have made this go away. I'd double check with the dealer that you're on all current software for those 2 control modules.

Thanks AZMike. At least I know that I'm not alone in that. I'll definitely bring that up to the dealer next time I'm in. Wonder how the ABS and Traction Control computer software figures into that?

All the computers (ABS, Traction Control, Engine, Transmission, Body Controller, etc.) talk to each other continuously; if one is sick, they all get sick. Sounds like a software update is in order - the dealer probably has a TSB on it and doesn't know it.
:beer

:D Yep.... sounds like a "traction control" thingie's messing up!

:) Get "all" the current up-dates... on my 01 Z06 there had to be a dozen or so up-dates about a year ago. I had to "ASK" the tech. to up-date the system... in order to get it done!

;) Sometimes they "just can't be bothered" unless you specificly KNOW about the changes available!!! These forums provide this type of information!

Thanks guy's. I'll make sure they do the updates. Got time for another question? When I have the autotwilight "On" it seems to work fine upon entering a darkened parking garage and when leaving. Upon leaving it's set on it's lowest time for the headlights to retract. However, this morning as an example, there's not a cloud in the sky and the sun is beginning to come up. There are areas of bright sunshine and then areas where it's still kinda "dawnish." I leave my garage with the system "On" but it doesn't go off at all. Is this a normal action? I would have thought with the sensor detecting any amount of sunshine the headlights would retract. On the other hand, if it's not sensing the same amount of sunlight continuously I can see it's "confusion" and so it won't retract. I know this is a dumb question but I'd like for your input for reassurance. Thanks, man.

MINE WAS TRACTION CONTROLL! MINE WOULD SOMETIMES JUST quit.
next time hit the switch, turn off t/c. if it stops u got it. thats how i found it for chev dealer. they don't know a lot about this new stuff yet!!!

Thanks! Comforting to know that they don't know about all of it yet, huh?

Regarding your "autotwilight" question ...

I really like the idea of that feature, but don't use it because I don't like the on/off of the headlights every time I pull into my garage.

But to address your specific question, you may want to clean the sensor. I remember seeing posts a while ago pointing to dirty sensors as the culprits for "mischievous behavior". Unfortunately I don't know offhand where exactly the sensor in question is located.

That will never happen in my lifetime. We are not going to
end up like Venezuela u can take that to the bank.
The silent majority will prevail.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom