Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Watch That Laughing Gas...

Corvette
'02 Z06, EB/Black
Good Lord. That was horrible. :(

Gives me the shivers. That engine bay.... :eek

MsSchroder said:
Good Lord. That was horrible. :(

Gives me the shivers. That engine bay.... :eek

Even more interesting, what was the fuel source for the fire? N2O is only an oxidizer, there must have been a fuel leak or spray along with N2O being released...

Nasty!!!

I never liked it, never will. It's just not natural, granted, it makes almost anything a rocket but NOT without damage sooner or later. Wonder who's gonna pay for it and how much $$$ in damages:(

The only time I use that funny stuff is when I'm at the dentist. I won't even ride in a car with Nos for that very reason.

Brings a new meaning to the phrase "Fire in the hole"!

We work with rockets sometimes here and its always the oxidizer that we're worried about. See fuel on fire (even a bottle of compressed hydrogen) try to put it out, but see a fire near an oxidizer like compressed oxygen or N2O and you better run like hell. Given a strong enough oxidizer almost anything will burn.

Rowdy1 said:
Wonder who's gonna pay for it and how much $$$ in damages:(

My guess is that HE is going to pay. If the insurance finds out he was on a track they probably won't pay a dime.

I have some what mixed emotions about it...like what a shame ...and it serves him right to suffer to take such a wonderful car and abuse it that way.

yellow_2002_germany said:
My guess is that HE is going to pay. If the insurance finds out he was on a track they probably won't pay a dime.

That's what I was thinking. How'd you like to try to explain THAT to your insurance guy... "Honest, I was just driving along and it spontaneously burst into flame!!" :D Better remove that anodized collar for the nitrous from in front of the throttle body first (along with the rest of the system.) It's the only thing that didn't melt...

Tyrexx%20GLD%20Other%20(25).JPG

Too much of a good thing really can be too much. Ouch. I have never had any experience with NOS, but from everything I hear and read, it sounds like it eventually takes a toll on the engine, and typically a lot quicker then an engine without NOS.

I'm not interested in that stuff my car is fast enuff (sometimes too fast) for me...I guess I'm just a shine and cruz guy.

yellow_2002_germany said:

Some people on the 'other' forum found out the hard way that insurance and extended warranty adjusters do read these posts and those foolish enough to use their real name and pictures of their own car had coveraged denied when the insurer was able to show the racing antics and even videos had contributed to the failure.

They get tired of paying out large sums to people who continue to abuse their car and brag about the dealer and the rest of us picking up the tab thru higher rates...

Yeah just like the person who was bragging about doing 167 mph in Interstate I-95 in Florida. Wonder what a speeding ticket would have cost? I can see getting pulled over for 6 to 10 miles over the limit but come on 167 mph on an Interstate........Takes all kinds...and like I said in my reply, Im glad I wasn't on I-95 that day. Geeezzuwiz.

No insurance company will pay for nitrus or racing.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom