Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Water Diverter Fixes???

LannyL81

Corvette
81 White/Cinnabar, 96 CE LT4 sil/blk
One of the water diverters (those things at the rear bottom of the door opening)...needs replaced. I have not been able to find anyone that sells them; so has someone come-up with a fix that would like to share it?

Last edited:
Of your going to fill in the holes,build a small channel anyway so it diverts the water anyway.:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Use a piece of self stick foam window seal for a temporary fix. All you need to do is keep water out of the rear floor.

:thumb

I still have the aluminum pieces for both sides but one of the rubber pieces is torn-up a bit for the passenger side. I am wondering if I use some type of window seal foam in place of the rubber? Has anyone done something like this or found a replacement for the rubber portion? Strange that only one side is available from various vendors and always the same side.....oh well....

I'm wondering whether the rubber is any different side to side. My hunch is no and that the only difference in the diverters is the bracket. You might be able to slide the rubber out of a left side bracket and put it in your passenger's side diverter.

:thumb

If only that was true, but nope, the rubber pieces are "mirrors" of each other. The good thing is that I believe I have only driven in the rain once in 12 years of ownership and even then it was a light sprinkle. But I did get to use the wipers.

I would say ask the salvage yards. As mine are still in an as new shape I think some totaled cars should have them as wel :)

Greetings Peter

Sure worth a call to Contemporary Corvettes and ask them; will have to do a search to find others....CC is only one I know of and have done business with in the past.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom