Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

water temp

joemochi

Corvette
1996 lt-4 collector's edition
Hi, I just bought a '96 collector last weekend. While I was driving my car in a heavy traffic after my job today,I found the water temp gauge was ingicating at 230F. In that heavy traffic my corvette was not almost moving for 5 minutes and when I got out of there , the water temp went down to around 190F. Can anyone tell me how hot your corvette water temp in a heavy traffic is. I have been wandering if my corvette was overheating or not.

joemochi said:
Hi, I just bought a '96 collector last weekend. While I was driving my car in a heavy traffic after my job today,I found the water temp gauge was ingicating at 230F. In that heavy traffic my corvette was not almost moving for 5 minutes and when I got out of there , the water temp went down to around 190F. Can anyone tell me how hot your corvette water temp in a heavy traffic is. I have been wandering if my corvette was overheating or not.

Joe,

Seeing temps of 230* in traffic is normal for these cars. The fact that your car cooled down to 190* once you got going shows that your cooling system is functioning properly. Be sure to check the space in front of the radiator periodically as these cars are vacuums for road debris (plastic bags etc...) and blockage will cause the car to run warmer.

Cya,
Jeff :w

BTW...Welcome to the :CAC !!!!!

I agree with Jeff. Personally since i don't like seeing that high temp, I put in a 160 T and have a hypertrash that I use to turn the fans on earlier. Might be a thought for you...:upthumbs

Yep

Went through the same thing when I got mine. Welcome to normal! ;)
Chetzki

Hi guys!! Thanks for your quick replies.Now I am considering to purchase a Hypertech Power Programmer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom