Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: WATTER PUMP LENGTH

My 77 has a water pump that has the "legs" of a short pump, but the nose of the long one.

The correct answer is 'neither'- Corvettes have a unique water pump configuration. Many people use the short pump as a substitute for the correct piece.

I've gotta change mine too....Such is life...I'm Thinking of getting a high flow pump instead of the stock pump, and having my original rebuilt for a spare. 79' L-42 ....Any thoughts?

It should be of the short style with a 3/4 inch diameter hub passenger cars were 5/8 inch if i recall correctly.

Hi jeffn. i have just fitted a new standard pump and would like to fit a chrome pulley. this is why i need to know the length as they are sold on ebay under short or long pump fitting. if the high flow pump is not mutch more in price you might as well fit that. but i dont know if you will gain anything from it. regards howard

You will need the pulley for the short pump.The Corvette water pump is just a little longer than the short pump.I have the different lengths of all three pumps around here somewhere,just need to find them.

I've gotta change mine too....Such is life...I'm Thinking of getting a high flow pump instead of the stock pump, and having my original rebuilt for a spare. 79' L-42 ....Any thoughts?

You will gain nothing- the stock pump has more capacity than the cooling system will ever need.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom