Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wax on Wax off???

Stinger !!

Corvette
'08 Will Cooksey #144 Z06
Stinger,

I used 5StarShine on my C5 right after I got it in the summer of 2004. It is an excellent product and I was pleased with the results - though I didn't get the length of time they advertised.

But to be honest with you, this past Spring I decided to try Zaino products and I'm much more pleased with them. http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

This is the kit I purchased initially: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-1

ZKIT-1.jpg

The initial application was a bit time consuming, but definitely worth the effort. Now I simply wash and dry my car. Then I apply the Zaino Gloss Enhancer Spray to it and it looks as beautiful as it did on the first day.

I've received many compliments on the finish, and people are amazed when I tell them it's the original 8 year old paint.

Good luck whatever you decide.
:w Jane Ann

IMG_5884_R.jpg

Less Work , More Shine..........

This looks like and opening to start the old Zaino vs. Mequires battle. OK - I'll get it going. I use all Mequire products and swear by them. I'm almost sure they're the best.;)

Remo:cool

This looks like and opening to start the old Zaino vs. Mequires battle. OK - I'll get it going. I use all Mequire products and swear by them. I'm almost sure they're the best.;)

Remo:cool

Alright - who's got Remo's meds? ;LOL

6 Shooter said:
Hey - Buy at least 1 of everything! :upthumbs

:rotfl

I used to swear by Mequires until I tried Zaino. Good thing I have the DD and the wifes van so the Mequires doesnt go to waste. Just as long as one of everything gets used.

Alright - who's got Remo's meds? ;LOL

Not to worry, Jane Ann. Remo's meds will get added to his prune juice just as soon as he starts another oil filter thread. DRTH VTR and I are monitoring Remo's seasonal bout of Corvette Acute Separation Anxiety closely.

But I have to comment that I have yet to find anything which works as well as Zaino. From claybar treatments to the wash soap to the Z(fx) and swirl remover treatments... okay, I know it sounds like a lot of work, but two things to remember: Corvettes are not large vehicles to have to work around, and it makes for excellent "zen" time with your ride. And as an added bonus, when you finish, you will be astonished at results of all your labors.

Zaino, or so they advertise, is "optically perfect." As Jane Ann noted, others will find the depth of the shine to be truly incredible.

:w
-Patrick

I used Mequires on all my cars including my Vettes. When I got my C5 it it looked great and the previous owner had used Mequires. However, I decided I needed to give Zaino a try after talking to some people at a local car show. Now (as the Monkeys used to sing) "I'm a believer". I could not imagine how much better my car looks after the full treatment (only 5 coats on it now, but I will continue to add coats). My brother even switched his GTO & 1967 Firebird to Zaino.

Now we can get to something important . . . like the motor oil debate?? lol!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom