Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wax

sunger

Corvette
1968 427 convertable
This may rattle some of you youngsters, but I believe the best wax on the market is Turtle Wax.
I have been using it for aroung 40 years without any problems. It goes on and comes off easy, shines brite, doesn't eat the paint, and shines great.
I use it on all three of my cars: an 04 Chrysler, a 66 Fairlane GT, and a 68 Corvette.
Bring on your best arguements.

Steve

:w Steve,

I'm sure you'll get a few responses ;LOL

Seems Car Wax and Car Care is as personal as the tooth brush in the bathroom :boogie

Myself... I prefer Klause Products ;) I did order some of the new Turtle stuff called Ice... it's so so, but nice as a touchup in the glaring sun of a car show :cool

Bud

I love it when this subject comes up. My favorite response was that Maguires was their favorite, because they liked the smell! Hey, that's as good as any in my book. I've used Maguires ever since then. I have to say it's just as good as any other, in my humble opinion. Well, spring is coming, so I bet we see a lot about this subject as it warms up outside. Bring on summer!!:W :W :beer

Think RETURN ON INVESTMENT

I used Turtle Wax back in the 60s on my parent's vehicles and in the 70s on my own car. It was probably one of the leading waxes back then. I suppose they probably improved the product somewhat since then.

My biggest problem back then as today with carnauba-based products is durability. That was definitely evident as my car looked like I did nothing to it two weeks later.

On the plus side, back in 2002, Guru Report (independant tester) reported on 46 different products. Even though a bit dated, the "Super Hard Shell" product (12 oz. paste for $5.95) was rated a 'C+'. (A 'C' is considered average.) It ranked 23rd and beat a whole bunch of more expensive products. Their findings validated my results. By the 4th week, there was little protection left. By the 6th week, there was no product left on the finish of the test panel.

You have to remember that any product on the market will give you an immediate result. My requirement on my daily driver and my two show cars is durability, shine, depth, clarity, slickness, and reflectivity (not necessarily in that order). It has to meet that criteria after every car wash. Even though I "lay out" a little more up-front on my product of choice "investment", it still costs me under $2.00 per application and it will last 6 months. That's a great return on investment in my book.

I respect your right to use your own product of choice. I just thought I would give the logic behind my decision.

Facts, legitimate testing sources, personal experiences....hogwash. Don't confuse me with facts (do I sound like a democrat?) and statistics. Turtle wax is the best.

I have to admit, my selection of wax takes a bit more scientific approach.

I have found thru years of research and analyis, the the bottle with some stuff left in it is the only way to get the best results.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom