Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

weather strip for a 81'

KELLEY1

I am going to replace my weather strip and wondering who has the best fittment and quality available. I am not not looking for cheaper price etc., I want the best. I am going to do t-tops, window seals, w/s frame, rear door upright seal and door rubber. Thanks

the vendors are all about the same.they aren't oem but they do fit.
I bought mine a few years ago at carlisile.I think from corvette central...
they all fit pretty well are are still on my vette.

:w Kelly,

I have not done my weather strip replacement... yet

I have heard very good things about the weather strip mfr. by Corvette Rubber Company ;) Here is their Link .. I don't recall seeing a "Kit" but a friend said when I got serious to give them a call and they are very helpful, and available to answer question if installation get a bit much.. Gary was extremely impressed with them ;shrug (also said they were a lot less $$ than the aftermarket vendors)

Keep us updated with your progress, I just might get Rare a new set one of these days :thumb

Bud

Thanks for the info!
This is helpful as I'm replacing the weather stripping (along with the whole power window track/motor assembly at the same time) on the drivers door.

Wish me luck as I have everything torn down, cleaned etc, and now putting everything back.
;)
-MoO!

Check to ensure your new weatherstripping is latex. GM used latex on all C3s. It seals wind and water better. Be aware some of the aftermarket weatherstripping is not latex.

:thumb

I would have to agree with 6880 Mike. I just redid my '81 with CRC. It's actually pretty good stuff. But, when compared to my '78 Pace Car with original latex - there's no comparison. On my '78, I can shut the doors with a push of a single finger! The '81 still need a good push. I thought it was just because I couldn't get everything put back right, but after multiple attempts of messing with the alignments "this side of Sunday", it looked like it came down to softness and "compressibility" of the weather stripping along the T-tops.

I'm suspecting that the real factor involves the inherent softness of the latex versus the rubber. So, when it's time for me to redo the PC, it'll definitely be latex!

Hope my $0.02 helps.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom