Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

weather stripping

mytoy

Corvette
1978 L82 BLACK
I have a 78 L 82 four speed that I want to install new weather stripping . The question is how hard is it to remove the old and install new and who is the best vendor .what can I epect to pay thank you Mytoy

I replaced my back weatherstripping on my hardtop last winter.It was incredibly easy.All i had to do was pull the old(brittle)stuff off and put the new on.The weatherstipping had pins on it so all you had to do was line up the holes and put some adhesive on it.Igot mine from Mid America.The quality was good but the price was expensive($99.00 for one piece)

I did my 1978 about five years ago - it is not that hard but spend the time to clean the surfaces underneath before reapplying and replace any bad clips - having the right tools helps too. Also the best thing you can do for it when you are done is use the silicon grease to lubricate it and keep it from drying out - it really prolongs the life, gets rid of some squeeks and makes it look nicer too. It is cheap prevention! Mine looks as good as the day I installed it with about two quick applications a year. Good luck and have fun.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom