Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

weatherstrip door question

LanceB

Corvette
I put the new glass weatherstrips on each of my side windows. They look like this:

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?Parta~ShowPicTxt~Z5Z5Z50000050g~Z5Z5Z5PEB0~Z5Z5Z52

I noticed a gap at the bottom of them and I looked at my brothers 77 and he has two little weatherstrip pieces attached to to his doors that butt up against these when the doors are shut. I don't see them in any catalog that I have, and I am not even sure if these came on an 81...I will try to post pics if no one knows what I am referring to. If someone could shed some light on the use of these or let me know where to find them, that would be great!

The absolute BEST place to get this stuff is Corvette Rubber Company. If you buy from an aftermarket company, I would make sure they buy from them. Its the only repro stuff that actually fits right, IMO.

After further inspection, the part that butts up is actually attached to the whole weatherstripping piece on the door of my brother's 77 so I guess the 81's are a little different (GM must have decided it was ok to let water in by 81 since it couldn't be stopped ;)....). I will check my AIM when I get home, there is no way this weatherstripping covers the gap I have...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom