Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

weatherstrip

pizza3260

Corvette
73 350 coupe
need new weather rubber on my 73 9 piece kit, got a quote for $780 , should i attempt it my self or go pro

You got a spare $800? That amount would get you about 267 gallons of $3.00 no lead.

Replacing weatherstripping isn't particularly difficult, but it can get tedious. Paying to have it done means you should get professional results and the guys in the shop will almost certainly finish the car quicker than the typical shade-tree mechanic.

Ordinarily this would be a job I would do myself, but with temperatures and humidity levels at what they have been lately, farming out the job begins to make sense.
:)

Weatherstrip is something I've been wanting to do for sometime... I just haven't convinced myself to pay $200 ~ $300 for the weatherstrip. Right now Rare doesn't leak water, but there is noticable wind noise around the side windows...

In the parts for sale section, one of our members has/had (??) haven't checked in awhile, never the less, he had a weatherstrip set for sale and if memory serves me correct he was asking around $180 or $190 for the entire set.

One of these days I will bite the bullet and get a set and give it shot, can't be any worse than doing the interior, rear end or suspension (all of which I've done) :D I doubt I would spend $800 to have it done... I'm too dam cheap, unless it is something that needs done to the engine, I'm NOT an engine person :nono

Bud

Edit: Here is the thread about the Weatherstrip For Sale I see he says it for 1980 ~ 1982 ... sorry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom