Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Weatherstripping

Replace weather stripping

Tedious job. Take your time and get all of the old glue out. 3M makes a really good glue remover. Good new adhesive too.
Many on this forum have complained about 'cheap' replacements having a poor fit. After you get new ones, check their size carefully by holding them up to the originals prior to tearing into the job. They are subject to stretching so take care during final installation.

Thanks for the info. I dicovered the search feature ...lots of info. GREAT SITE!

JM,

Where did you glue the weatherstrip? The guy I bought the car from had already done the driver's door and gave me the passenger door strip. He also had bought the A-pillar piece and gave it to me and I put that in without glue. Do you have to glue the bottom of the door strip? I'm getting ready to do the B-pillar strip and the 2 targa pieces. I think I'll buy them at Lonestar. They have the regular B-pillar piece for 80 bucks and the Latex piece for 180. They say the Latex piece is the same as OE. I just don't know if it would be worth the extra 100. I don't take the roof off unless I'm changing or oiling the weatherstrip.

Weather strip glue

Never did a C4, but several Trans Am T-tops. The original glue pretty well covered all of the contact area between the rubber and supporting surface.
Not too thick but thorough.

It helps to lay the stripping out in the sun or use a hair dryer to soften it up before installation.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom