Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Weatherstripping

fitsgld1

Corvette
1985 Black Corvette
My 1985 coupe outer door window weatherstripping is beginning to stiffen and crack does anyone know of any place to get replacment parts or should I just stick with Mid america , corvette central.Any suggestions and is installation a major project or not to bad.As always Thanks again for all your help.

It's too late for aged weatherstripping, but if you want to keep it moist and supple for years, stop by your local hardware or plumbing supply shop and buy a tube of Leslie's Pool & Spa Lube.

Apply with your fingers. It'll keep your weatherstrip in good condition for years.

lube.jpg

84 - 96 Corvette Weatherstrip Special

A division of Bethel's Goat Farm since 1995 :D

Good people and product.

I get seals for my older cars from https://secure.steelerubber.com/ and have used them the most.
Dad; Thanks for the web-site as I am at the point of replacing the door weatherstripping just another project,but thats why we own these cars.Time to pull out the manuels and learn as i go. Thanks again and as I have always said this is a great site with very helpful members.

It's too late for aged weatherstripping, but if you want to keep it moist and supple for year, stop by your local harware or plumbing supply shop and buy a tube of Pool & Spa Lube.

Apply with your fingers. It'll keep your weatherstrip in good condition for years.
Onedef92; Just want to say thank you for the reply only wish that I had known about this for the last couple of years I am always washing and cleaning the car,but sometimes it just sits for awhile and that was the end result. thanks again and a lesson learned.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom