Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

weatherstripping

joe1975

Corvette
1975 Orange L-82 4 Sp.
Who has the best weatherstripping ?It's for a 75 coupe I've read a couple of threads about bad stuff. I think I've been screwed by just about half the vendors I've messed with.

Joe,

I just installed weatherstripping on my '81 this past weekend. I bought it from "The Last Detail (Atlanta Corvette)" over the net. I got the kit that includes the hood seal, t-tops, front window pillar seals, rear door window seals, and door seals. Paid $210 plus shipping. They seem to be pretty good except that they are more stiff than the original stripping. I've been having a little trouble getting the windows to line up. Put some dielectric gel on the portions that will come in contact with the windows and it will help the glass to slide up the seal to break it in. T-tops will be hard to close at first but gets easier after the seal has a chance to compress. Removal and installation took longer than I thought so give yourself some time. Also, use the black adhesive instead of the yellow. It will look a lot cleaner as the yellow really stands out if any gets on anything you don't want it on. Good luck.

Rob:v

I know that I am going against the rest of the opinions here but I found that NOTHING fits as well as the GM stuff. It is a WHOLE bunch more expensive that the aftermarket stuff but IT FITS!!!! I tried the aftermarket stuff and I couldn't get my door to close without slamming them, my windows wouldn't go up more than 3/4 up & I was afraid that the glass tops were going to break trying to get them latched. I ordered the GM stuff from a local dealer and I was amazed at the differance.

They cost me a little over $400 in 1998!! That was with a generous discount at the Chevy dealer.

Jim

Wow,
they are pretty proud of their stuff, but like you said, if it works like it's supposed to, then that's what really matters.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom