Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Well guys its decision time...Ive been approved!!!!

S

SurfnSun

check this thread on corvette forum...see pics here

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=309930

Ive been preapproved for an 88 Callaway TT or 00 FRC....Ive been making a pros/cons list and its huge. Callaways have always been my dream Vette but the fact that I won't be able to drive it as much has me concerned.

I replied to your post on the Corvette Forum. Only you know how you plan to use the car and what your budget is so only you can decide. I'd like to see you get the TT you've been dreaming of but it is not a practical car by any means. If you want a driver get the C5.

I voted for the Callaway also. For about the same $$$, gotta go with the Callaway.. if you can pick it up in the low 20g's with low mileage, it's a slam dunk for the Callaway!

actually its closer to 30k in the same price range as a C5.

*89x2* is gonna kill me if I don't buy the Callaway:L :L :L :L

Callaway

Seems you you are convinced on the TT..

I know you will to have to rethink your options, but if you want a car to have a more collectable status, I would go after a 60's vette.. Remember Callaway is not a production car, a good car, but still in the auction circles, see what draws the larger auction value.. I think I would even take a ZR1 over the TT.

When you drive the Callaway, very very few people will recognize the car unless it is a owner or former owner of a Callaway.. Super hot car, but it is like the BMW M5, unless you know what it is, you will think it is another BMW or Vette until you caught sleeping and you see it's tail lights.

Go for the 60's vette for a show car and C5 for the driver...

Another thing, I would not want to touch any cost relating to any motor repair on the Callaway.. YUK

Maybe 90 callaway could help you on the upkeep ..

SurfnSun said:
actually its closer to 30k in the same price range as a C5.

*89x2* is gonna kill me if I don't buy the Callaway:L :L :L :L

...does this mean you will be coming to the Callaway Reunion in August at Corvettes@Carlisle?
Seriously.. the car in question should be somewhat flexable in price since they have had it for awhile... As far as repairs, most of it is L98 or plain ol Vette... The turbo's and related equip is the main diff. and I think you have found a few (more than willing) sources of info for a B2K.
Good luck w/ the purchase and if you do get the B2K, keep another car for everyday. regards, *89x2*

Re: Callaway

Norge1956 said:
Remember Callaway is not a production car, a good car, but still in the auction circles, see what draws the larger auction value.. I think I would even take a ZR1 over the TT.

Actually the Callaway TT was a production model....it was RPO(regular production option) B2k. some were retrofits but this one is not.

*89x2* said:

...does this mean you will be coming to the Callaway Reunion in August at Corvettes@Carlisle?
Seriously.. the car in question should be somewhat flexable in price since they have had it for awhile... As far as repairs, most of it is L98 or plain ol Vette... The turbo's and related equip is the main diff. and I think you have found a few (more than willing) sources of info for a B2K.
Good luck w/ the purchase and if you do get the B2K, keep another car for everyday. regards, *89x2*

Even if I do get the B2k, it will be shot in the dark for me to get there due to work. I'll know closer to time. :)

If you're looking for a car to take to the occasional show and out for Sunday rides get the TT. If you're looking for a car you'll drive more often and race and go on cross country trips consider the C5. I find myself holding back sometimes because it's a Callaway and I don't want to break it when I should just be out there having fun. You probably won't want to race it while on the road for fear of not finding anyone that can fix it or will fix it correctly. Also, if you want to autocross it I think the SCCA puts it in a special category--like up against Vipers. That's not necessarily bad but it means you may not have competitors to run against.

TAC said:
If you're looking for a car to take to the occasional show and out for Sunday rides get the TT. If you're looking for a car you'll drive more often and race and go on cross country trips consider the C5. I find myself holding back sometimes because it's a Callaway and I don't want to break it when I should just be out there having fun. You probably won't want to race it while on the road for fear of not finding anyone that can fix it or will fix it correctly. Also, if you want to autocross it I think the SCCA puts it in a special category--like up against Vipers. That's not necessarily bad but it means you may not have competitors to run against.

Im no drag racer, the most I do is an occasional run down the highway. Im just trying to decide whether or not I want a car I can drive everyday if I desire.:confused

SurfnSun said:

Im no drag racer, the most I do is an occasional run down the highway. Im just trying to decide whether or not I want a car I can drive everyday if I desire.:confused

Well, I hate to say it but knowing what I know now and having driven my TT a fair amount (14k miles in 2 years) I would not buy it again if I was planning on driving it daily or wanted to go on extended road trips. I bought mine planning to drive it daily but it just didn't work out that way. Relegating the TT to a weekend outing car and showstopper still gives me enough time behind the wheel to keep me happy. I know you're struggling with a tough decision and hope this helps. I don't know of any TT owner that uses it as a daily driver. That should tell you something also. Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom