Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Well, I did it...50th over a new C6

E

enamel

After many sleepless nights I went the frugal route and bought a 2003 50th Anniversary coupe with 57miles on it (new in storage-guy never drove it) instead of a new C6.

I figure I saved about $18,000 with all the taxes I would have had to pay for a new one and that's just the base C6.

I hope I did the right thing.

Thanks for all your input.

C5 vs C6

Best of Luck with your new 03 Corvette, you're going to love it.Down the road you can get a C6 when the price comes down, probably around 2 years before the C7's come out.Save the Wave.>George

Congratulations!!
Is almost like the argument for the newest desktop computer. Everyone thinks that the new one exceeds the older one in ALL aspects. However, in fact the computer you bough 4 years ago still gets the job done.

I personally think that it was a very good call. From here on out, it could be anyones guess as to whether you would have made a few more bucks with the C6 or The 50th Aniversary. If it would be likely that all but 200 regular 03-C5's were to be wrecked, that on itself would make them rare and perhaps valuable. BUT WHO CARES!:nono

What matters is that you'll enjoy driving it and taking care of it. To quote what others have said before: 'I wish I was in that kind of predicament'. Besides, the $18K saved serves as a good selling point when dealing with the other half. I am already using that same argument to acquire a 1995 ZR-1 for myself. "Hey honey, the C6 Z06 is too expensive, but I can save us $30K by buying a ZR-1" :naughty: .

The only way I look at my Corvette as valuable (in the $$ return on investment sense) would be if I had to sell it to feed my family.

GerryLP:cool

Good decision I think. It's a great car and you rescued it from a life as a garage queen. That's no way for a Corvette to live!

enamel said:
After many sleepless nights I went the frugal route and bought a 2003 50th Anniversary coupe with 57miles on it (new in storage-guy never drove it) instead of a new C6.

I figure I saved about $18,000 with all the taxes I would have had to pay for a new one and that's just the base C6.

I hope I did the right thing.

Thanks for all your input.

Congratulations on getting your 50th Anniversary coupe, I think you made the best choice. With all the money you saved you can buy some toys for your new ride. :_rock
Now that you bought your Vette maybe you can catch up on the sleep you missed out on or are you to excited in antisapation to get her on the road. Unfortunatly you will have to waite awhile before spring comes to enjoy :Steer your Vette. If it aint the weather, it's lots of gravel on the streets.:(
I would love to check your Vette out sometime PM me. :beer

Doug :w

BEst of luck with your new Corvette! The C5 is an awesome car. Either choice you would have made would have been correct....and 18 grand is nothing to sneeze at either.

Have fun!

JB

Enamel,
I'd say you got a fantastic deal! Congratulations and welcome to the ranks of proud C5 owners. Post some pics when you get a chance.

:w
-Patrick

Sounds like the way to go to me. The C5 will thrill you.

Mike

Congratulations on the 50th. Either way you could've gone, you got a great car. And the money you saved isn't too bad either.:D You'd better get off the keyboard and get those miles back to where they belong.:L

Wise choice that will also make you very happy.

Nice choice!

Now that you own a 2003, check out www.50thregistry.com when you have time. Some good info there specific for 50th AE cars.

Awesome deal. Good luck. Enjoy the heck out of it.

Welcome my friend. Glad you made the right choice. Follow Tuna's advice above and register with us, we get together sometimes....

IMG_1629.jpg

Great choice . The 50th in my opinion is a nicer looking car, maybe not as refined now but still awsome. Havent seen a color I like better. I considered a compromise of looks against power for the C6 Z06 but when I found out the price it scared me. With the money I would save I could make mine a terror. No offense C6 ers. I'd probally should leave this forum before I get hate mail. Do they make another sports car? Corvette the American and now my dream :)

Good Luck

And you made a smart choice with the C5 which to me is a better looking machine and all of the bugs worked out.

Alan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom