Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Well it's part Callaway now

"maybe this one belongs in your garage"

Boy, Chris your getting closer! If that was an 89 Callaway it would work.:D I'll put that one on my list though. After this much looking the bar is pretty high. What is the CR-1 black areobody you mentioned??

Thanks Ike:)

Ike, here is the SuperNatural ZR1 - Nice looking car :cool

1990 Chevrolet Corvette Callaway ZR-1 Supernatural, Black/Black, 10100 MilesManual 6 speed, power eveything, A/C, ABS, cruise control, cassette, cd, sunroof, alarm system, garaged, non-smoker, original owner. Callaway "Supernatural", completed in 1993, engine, suspension & aero body, car is in mint condition & is a one owned vehicle, stored in climate controlled facility. Call Daniel for more information. $45,000 OBO Daniel Dienstbier
402-571-6726
Alt 402-250-0934
Omaha NE
image.php

Also, here is a SuperNatural 'vert:

1993 Callaway Supernatural Conv! 1 owner! 15K

1993 Corvette Convertible
Vehicle Info - 1993 Corvette1993 Corvette For Sale - $49900Mileage:15000Body Type:ConvertibleEngine:383ci Lt-1Horsepower:405hpTransmission:6 speedExterior Color:RedInterior Color:BlackVIN#:- AccessoriesDescription - 1993 Corvette For SaleExcellent torch red paint, black leather interior, black canvas soft top, SuperNatural 383/405hp engine, 6 speed manual transmission, 3.45 posi rear-end, Dual power sports seats, electronic climate control, CD/CASS Bose Gold stereo, Center exhaust, coil over suspension, Brembo brakes, aerobody kit, Callaway wheels. 15K miles. 1 Owner! Must See!!!

*89x2* said:
...me too :m

chris-1.jpg
Man, I just had to look at this picture again! I guess I thought you had 2 1989 B2K's from your name, but you actually have a SuperNatural 40th Anniversary? Man, that's really sweet! It looks like you've got some different wheels on it, not the Dymags or the '93 wheels. Do they happen to have ruby red center caps on them?

Also, in the windshield, is that the VA inspection sticker at the middle bottom of each one? I notice you don't use a front plate, I don't either, but I also scrape out the VA inspection sticker each time. I keep the pink slip and haven't had any issues so far (I've lived in VA about 3 years). I really hate the inspection program. I don't need the state to babysit my cars. :(

Aurora40 said:
Man, I just had to look at this picture again! I guess I thought you had 2 1989 B2K's from your name, but you actually have a SuperNatural 40th Anniversary? Man, that's really sweet! It looks like you've got some different wheels on it, not the Dymags or the '93 wheels. Do they happen to have ruby red center caps on them?

Also, in the windshield, is that the VA inspection sticker at the middle bottom of each one? I notice you don't use a front plate, I don't either, but I also scrape out the VA inspection sticker each time. I keep the pink slip and haven't had any issues so far (I've lived in VA about 3 years). I really hate the inspection program. I don't need the state to babysit my cars. :(
Well, two of the cars are 89's however, only one is a B2K ;)
The Ruby car is indeed a 40th anniv SuperNatural 425, the wheels are Callaway "Run-Flats", a rare option on those cars
The black car has a front tag, it is mounted under the nose on a hand crafted bracket - the Aero cars do not have them...
Cars are all registered in VA, I just blacked out the decals for the photo :w

here is a better pic of the Run-Flats, I am thinking of popping in Ruby caps, maybe I will find a set at Carlisle next month...

DSC00036.JPG

Aurora40 said:
I really hate the inspection program. I don't need the state to babysit my cars. :(
For those, however, who don't take care or maintain their vehicles, it helps to keep these unsafe vehicles off the road.

State inspection programs are geared towards safety. However, Pa is the "gestapo" state when it comes to this crap. Did you know that bordering states of Pa will accept Pa inspections but not vice versa? It is because Pa is so damn strict.

Most of it is a revenue generation scheme for the state. The amount of fatalities or accidents from unsafe vehicles is next to none. You gotta figure if Florida still has no state inspection program... you know where I'm going with this. When it rains in Florida, however, watch out for the people who hydroplane their way from Point A to Point B on bald tires ;)

I take particular issue with annualized emissions testing. Again, how many OBD1 or newer cars actually fail an emissions inspection?? Very very few. What changes from year to year on the car? Probably nothing. Current fuel injection systems are so damn efficient that you've really got to tamper with it to cause it to fail. So, are the enthusiasts that are putting headers and hi-flow cats on their cars ruining it for everyone else?? Nah. That's such a small statistic that Pa gives a 5,000 mile exemption. :)

I don't know about elsewhere, but in Texas it's still fairly easy to bypass a state inspection. Infact sometimes the pollution coming out of the exhaust on some cars is so bad you don't want to drive behind them for long. Yes, inspections do keep some cars off the road, but in my opinion it's kind of a farse. I can have a car pass an inspection and 10 minutes later the wiper motor can fail, a tire can run over and object on the road making the tire unsafe for road travel, I can name 100's of other things that can change in a matter of minutes. I see cars that are truly unsafe for road travel every day, just as the cops see them, but if the car has a current inpection sticker on the windshield that's all that matters. No law inforcement officer even looks twice at such vehicles. The ones that are really polluting get away with it most of the time. State inspections are similar to the banning of certain weapons. The criminals will always have access to them.

Yep, I agree with what 8388 said. If people don't give a crap about their own safety, an annual inspection won't matter much. And I don't think that's really true about most people. Most people have all their services done by shops, and thus get "inspections" quite regularly as shops always want to perform more services, and hopefully also because they care about their customers well-being.

I think most people do in fact care about their driving safety. For those that don't, if they just care about saving a buck, it's cheaper to buy an inspection sticker from a crooked station than to pay for forced repairs.

In Virginia, the state provides no funding at all to inspection stations. They only provide the training (though the shop has to pay the mechanic for his time attending the training) and the stickers. So, for $10, the shop performs roughly 45 minutes of labor inspecting your car. The only way they come out ahead is to find things that they can require you to get repaired. Even honest shops get put in an uncomfortable situation that way.

If the state focused its energy on having state troopers look for unsafe vehicles or unsafe drivers on the road, instead of looking for a sticker in your windshield or going around licensing inspection centers (I believe the state police do the licensing and continued verification of shops), I think it would have a much more meaningful impact on traffic safety.

But in reality, how many accidents do you think are caused by failing tie-rods or a headlight that was aimed improperly vs caused by driver neglegence, arrogance, incompetence, etc? Look at VA and MD, do the accident rates differ much? Are VA roads safer than MD roads? I bet they are quite similar in the DC area in spite of the difference in inspection programs (MD only requires a one-time check of a used car prior to registration vs VA's annual check).

The thing in VA that galls me the most though, is the bi-annual emissions inspection is the fact that only Northern VA has to have it done. Of the 100+ counties in Virginia, only about 5 of them are forced to get their emissions checked on a regular basis. It's ok to pollute down in Richmond, but not up here in Leesburg... :eyerole

Sorry for the off-topic. :)

*89x2* said:
Well, two of the cars are 89's however, only one is a B2K ;)
The Ruby car is indeed a 40th anniv SuperNatural 425, the wheels are Callaway "Run-Flats", a rare option on those cars
The black car has a front tag, it is mounted under the nose on a hand crafted bracket - the Aero cars do not have them...
Cars are all registered in VA, I just blacked out the decals for the photo :w

here is a better pic of the Run-Flats, I am thinking of popping in Ruby caps, maybe I will find a set at Carlisle next month...
:pic clipped:
Swwweeeeet! I'd forgotten about the run-flat option. In Ruby Red, it's a lot more attractive than that purple with blue interior of the Bridgestone demo car.

The wheels have a very similar look to the California Corvette prototype. Can you fit regular tires to the wheels, or do you have to stick with Bridgestones? Does Bridgestone even still make that version of the runflat?

Aurora40 said:
Swwweeeeet! I'd forgotten about the run-flat option. In Ruby Red, it's a lot more attractive than that purple with blue interior of the Bridgestone demo car.

The wheels have a very similar look to the California Corvette prototype. Can you fit regular tires to the wheels, or do you have to stick with Bridgestones? Does Bridgestone even still make that version of the runflat?
Funny you ask, Last week, Mike Zoner at Callaway Cars had mentioned the Run-Flat wheels I have and the Goodyear EMT's that are on them :eek
I wish Bridgestone did make a tire for it still - had to make do with the one that fits (that is on the market)

Shopview has the same wheels on his Callaway - Wonder what tires he runs :confused

Aurora40,

What are these inspections? :D

Welcome to Florida.....

-Luigi
:cool

Off topic:
Just a quick reply on the emissions inspection.

Here in Holland we also have an yearly checkup with emissions inspection (same as yours only not that heavy i think) This year the put in a new "to check part" the seatbelts.. If they raffle a little it's a no go. Put new one's on them and you can go. Is it easy to find new seatbelts for a lets say 86 c4 in europe... no way!
But thats just our country. I let my car's have a checkup had the garage but many people to it them selfs or not a all..

But to come back on "our" emissions inspection.. It's all bogus if you ask me.
You have to put out less the a certain % co to pass the test. The maximum co numbers come from California if i'm correct to have a les polluted world / city's.
But way do they then/new put on airpomp (egr) to put only air in the cats in order to pass the test... Isn't that just folling yourself? (more to your goverment the to you guys of course). Way put that much effort into a project when in india the air is so polluted it's almost to heavy to breath.. Oke you have to start with something but this.. i just don't get it..

Groeten Peter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom