Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

well that was painless enough

bucket

Corvette
:beer..:w...:cool...
:lou:lou

all i was trying to say was that the fastest street
corvette in America and probably the planet belongs to "rad rides by troy"'s engine builder..i saw a special on troy and this guy was in it.
i dont have a link and i havent looked too hard but it is probably out there somewhere..
all i know for sure is that it has 1200 horsepower at the wheels.and does
70 to 135 mile per hour is under 2 seconds..
no one rides with him twice..
have a nice day..:)

ive been all through that site but didnt find a link to the 88 C4 his engine man drives

Well, if you put a 1,000+ hp on any aerodynamic body, it should go that fast. Note the Bugatti Veryon. Of course to go beyond 190 mph requires a whole lot more aerodynamic tuning and this is one of the reasons the Bugatti has active aero aids (actively lowers the car, wings deploy to produce more downforce, etc.). This means the car will remain stable and controllable at 200+ mph.

Of course the Bugatti also costs $1M! If you have enough $$, you can theoretically make any C4-C6 do the same thing.

Personally, I would rather spend $300k-$500k and get myself a Mooney Ovation III or Mooney Acclaim S. Both of these can easily do 200+ mph on any given day and not make a big fuss about it, nor send me straight to jail. All with about 300 bhp and day to day reliability! Just wait for a nice sunny day, hop on, fly to the desert, and put the throttles to the stops and watch the scenery go by. Just don't fly anywhere near Edwards or China Lake and you're all set! ;) No cops, no body to bother me, nothing to run into! Heheh!

Bucket.... i saw that too. Its was a show about Troy and his motor guy came over in his Vette. That thing was WICKED fast. Like you said, people only ride in that car once and never want to get in it again....

Couldnt find the C4 on the site either ;shrug

Odd fact about the Bugatti Veyron they mentioned on Top Gear. It cost $2 million to produce each copy but sold for only $1 million.

Yeah but Rogue.......I've never heard of a CAR corkscrewing into a cornfield in Iowa at 200 MPH.:) If my engine dies, pull over to the side of the road and try to fix it. If a Mooney engine dies so do you. Dead stick practice, y'all.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom