Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Were Famous!

Corvette
1981 white/blue interior automatic
I am a member of the National Corvette Owner Association and every month I get a newsletter including tech tips, corvette related articles and Pat Goss's garage. This months front page article was about finding help on the internet to help you fix your corvette. They mentioned several well navigated and put together sites and I quote

"Some sites are focused on repairs for just one type of year of Corvette and one of the best in this category was www.l81vetteregistry.com/tech/. This page consisted of various articles and information from L81 Vette Registry members, plus other tech tips and troubleshooting procedures gathered from around the Internet. The tips are intended to be relative to the repair, maintenance and upgrade of the 1981 Corvette. They covered the 1981 brakes, suspension, electrical system, headlights, power steering and power windowns, plus miscellaneous repais. In addition to offering lots of information, we found this site very east to use."

Seems we are getting famous!! And I must say very good job to the sight administraters for making this one of the best corvette sites out there, other people agree!

-Tatortot

22229stingray81 said:
I am a member of the National Corvette Owner Association and every month I get a newsletter including tech tips, corvette related articles and Pat Goss's garage. This months front page article was about finding help on the internet to help you fix your corvette. They mentioned several well navigated and put together sites and I quote

"Some sites are focused on repairs for just one type of year of Corvette and one of the best in this category was www.l81vetteregistry.com/tech/. This page consisted of various articles and information from L81 Vette Registry members, plus other tech tips and troubleshooting procedures gathered from around the Internet. The tips are intended to be relative to the repair, maintenance and upgrade of the 1981 Corvette. They covered the 1981 brakes, suspension, electrical system, headlights, power steering and power windowns, plus miscellaneous repais. In addition to offering lots of information, we found this site very east to use."

Seems we are getting famous!! And I must say very good job to the sight administraters for making this one of the best corvette sites out there, other people agree!

-Tatortot
-Tatortot,

:D you would not believe how this makes me feel :J Thank you for sharing this.. Man oh Man I'm breathless..

Bud

Tatortot,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Wait till you see the next version of the L81 Vette Registry coming soon!! ;) ;)

I've settled down .. But, "Oh yeaaa Baby"

This must be Karma or something..

Today I received a message from Ksems. Kevin was the original Webmaster of the L81VetteRegistry. Kevin wrote me to surrender his membership in the Registry :eek

Well, good things happen to good people, and Kevin and Katie are a couple of good people. Kevin is the proud owner of a NEW 2003 Quick Silver Z06 so, he is putting his L81 up for sale. Now if a person is going to resign from the Registry, I can't think of a better way of doing it than in a NEW Z06!

To get more to the point here, it was the work of Kevin that got the L81VetteRegistry online. He worked his butt off the first year making changes and keeping the Registry updated. Kudos to Kevin and I will always be greatful to him for his part in the L81VetteRegistry.

As time passed things began happening in Kevins career and his time to maintain the Registry became more work than a labor of love, ENTER our current webmaster... Rob, yep the same guy that does the Corvette Action Center.

Rob also has a web design company, among normal work stuff. Rob and I agreed to have the L81VetteRegistry redesigned and he would eventually teach me how to make updates, but we would retain him as the webmaster.

All the work and stuff you see NOW is from the basic Registry we started with. Rob has just added his magic touch!

It's hard for me to describe what the L81VetteRegistry means to me, There are few that understand my passion and more that just humor me, but right now I'm on cloud 9.. Thanks everone and especially to Kevin, Tomlin and ROB.

We will be the #1 single year Corvette Registry on the Net, I've made that statement in the past and I still believe it today. AND today we made great steps toward that goal. The Registry has NO DUES or FEES, our only requirement is you must own a 1981 to become a member, and fill out the Registration ;)

Tatortot,

Thanks for sharing the good news. It is an excellent treat that people are begining to recognize this site for the kind of 1981 Corvette tech wealth it is. L81's are a special breed, and although they don't have the factory-installed horse power that other vettes enjoy, they certainly enjoy quite a following nontheless.

I definetely appreciate the efforts from all the contributing members, but the big thanks go out to Bud, for sticking with the registry from the beggining, and making it out what it is today :beer

Bud,

Here is to you, Ksems, and Rob...:bar

:D

Thanks for the kind words Bud -

.... another chapter in my Corvette experience begins ......

and may I say " Hats off to you Bud ".... ( and Tomlin and Rob :) )

always waving,

Kevin

Bud thats great news!! I'm pleased that the registry is doing so well and has established itself with such stature in the corvette world. Cudos to you, Kevin, Tom, and Rob.

Outstanding news. Who would have thought we would have come this far from the original days over almost 3 years ago. You guys have done an amazing job. Bravo!!

.............. Nut

This is great news. I know that I'm really proud to be a L81 Registry member.

Kevin,
Good luck in your new Corvette ventures and come back and visit often. Thanks for all your effort in the past.

Tom

Dittos, Great work Bud and thanks Kevin and Rob!! The registries content and success is only overshadowed by the great people that have participated in its history. It is great to have met so many of those folks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom