Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

were true OEM Chrome rims an option?

D

Dave1998

I am looking to buy a set of 2001-2004 chrome rims for my 1998.
I looked through the list of options for these years and I see an item called highly polished rims. I am told these are not as shiny as say chrome or triple chrome which I see on ebay under replica rims. I want to buy OEM and would be interested to know if highly polished aluminum is my only choice. Thanks.

There was not any chrome option for C5 wheels. Only the high polish option from early 2000 up.

That's correct, the only option was polished. The polished wheels are very sensitive to scratches, but when well kept look almost like chrome. When not treated well, look pretty bad.

I would get a set of OEM wheels and have them chromed by a quality shop. They'll probably just exchange them for you, like Corvette Mike in CA.

The "knock-off" as in replica wheels are not near the quality of the originals and probably not as strong, be careful! When you look at them from behind, you can see a huge different. . . the last thing I would want is the wheel to break on hard cornering. But I have never heard of that happening. . . However, I'd rather pay more for OEM, after all, they are approved for the car and everything the car can do and more. . .

Just my 2 cents worth. . .

Stay away from Ebay????? Why would you want to do that?? Just bought a 03 MY Z06 with under 200 miles on there for 38,100 and bought my 00 convert 5k under wholsesale... Just be careful and check peoples feedback. Stop living in the stone age..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom