Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wette Vette

NC2Stay

Corvette
1995 Coupe, Torch Red, 6-speed, chrome sawblades
If you read about Hurricane Ophelia, you probably read about Oak Island, where I live. We got over a foot of rain yesterday, with some fairly heavy winds.

I live in a beach-style house, on pilings. I am not right on the beach, so salt water is not a direct problem. But I don't have a garage.

The Vette was covered, and under the house, but the driving rains got into everything. During the storm, the front edge of the cover blew off, but I found it fairly quickly during an "inspection" and covered it back up.

Anyhow, all seems OK. I started her up this morning with no problem, and she is drying out now in the sun. There was no actual flooding here, but the driving rain got into everything it could.

Could have been much worse...

Bob

As an additional precaution, get your hair dryer and point it at the OptiSpark for 30-60 minutes just to make sure it is dry and free of moisture.

bob
glad you are ok and safe. i have a lot of friends in wilmington and wrightsville beach who are (were) getting pounded pretty good with rain. even my son in charlotte was feeling the effects of the storm some. living as i do in south florida near the coast, i understand what a problem this kind of weather really produces. i always tell folks after a storm has passed through our area that whatever pictures and images they saw, reality is much worse.

stay dry!!

steve

Thanks. Good idea...

Bob

Steve, we haven't seen many pictures yet of the local area. My wife and I are about to go out on a bike ride and see what we can see. I believe our 3 fishing piers are OK, but there is a lot of flooding along the beach road. I tried to call some of my clients today, and couldn't get some, leading me to believe that power is still out around the area.

But we'll dry out soon!

Bob

if it were me, I'd be getting out the fresh water hose and rinsing all the undercarriage, wheel wells, brakes, etc. There still must be a lot of salt spray in that rain !!!

Done - thanks.

Bob

tedkrempa said:
if it were me, I'd be getting out the fresh water hose and rinsing all the undercarriage, wheel wells, brakes, etc. There still must be a lot of salt spray in that rain !!!

When you live by the beach the salt gets everywhere, on everything, 24 hours a day, rain or shine. It's amazing to see how eaten up some of the cars are out toward the ocean in san francisco, some of them are held together by bumper stickers.

I used to live south of San Francisco, (So. SF). I had a new Chevy pickup. The paint went bad in 6 months. The factory said it was due to the corrosive atmosphere of the Bay Area and wouldn't repaint it under warranty. Needless to say, I was extremely PO'ed.

Chicoman said:
I used to live south of San Francisco, (So. SF). I had a new Chevy pickup. The paint went bad in 6 months. The factory said it was due to the corrosive atmosphere of the Bay Area and wouldn't repaint it under warranty. Needless to say, I was extremely PO'ed.
Just tell them you were NOT warned not to use your new Chevy pickup inna Bay Area when they sold it to you .
It doesn't have no signs there , saying " EXTREME CORROSION FACTOR " ... does it :)
They have to repaint it , at least once .

I took her to Charleston SC this weekend to visit the grandkids, and gave her a (second) really good wash today when I got back. But as tyrel points out, living at the beach is always going to be a problem.

I like Neil too, but never that one too much - a bit obscure for me...

Bob

NC2Stay said:
I took her to Charleston SC this weekend to visit the grandkids, and gave her a (second) really good wash today when I got back. But as tyrel points out, living at the beach is always going to be a problem.

I like Neil too, but never that one too much - a bit obscure for me...

Bob

Always good to see grandkids... As for the song lyrics, Mac posted them in a thread one night, and Cinnamon Girl reminded me so much of my Corvette and cruising down the highway with the top down in the moonlight, that Cinnamon Girl she became.

:w Jane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom