Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What a day to remember

'15 Zo6 coupe

My name is Stephen Weaver from Elk, Wa. I have dreamed of owning a Zo6, but a 2004 commemorative edition was more in the budget. They're still out there with under 2000 mi for almost "new" prices. My wife said yes even though she only likes the C7 model.
We knew we were getting a Zo6! After much thought and research, paying that kinda money for a 10 year old car with no warranty seemed just a little off.
In our town of Spokane, Wa the Camp Chevrolet dealer only gets one 2015 Zo6. Today we put money down to put our name on it!
It will be the blue coupe with the new eight speed transmission and the black wheels. Neither our dealer or us have any more information than that. No price or when we get to go check mark "the boxes"!!! Our sales representative said he would get the build number so we can follow the progress of the car!
Again, hi,
Stephen

Welcome to Corvette Action Center and Congratulations

Welcome aboard Stephen we're glad you've joined us :happyanim: You will love it here, nothing but good ole Corvette love'n folks as well as help when you need it :thumb 2015 getting built I bet that's all you can think about now uh? Life is good, see it through the windshield of the "All American Sports Car" The one and only CORVETTE :beer

-Bill

:w WELCOME :w Stephen. From what I have seen and heard, the 2015 Z06 will be the best Corvette yet. Congratulations are in order. I am currently driving one of those ten year old Commemorative Z16s and I just love this car. I can only imagine how much more fun the '15 will be. I'm sure the waiting will be the hard part. Glad you found us here. Enjoy and remember to SPEED SAFELY.

Welcome to the :CAC

Its now just the waiting...

Congratulations on you Corvette purchase.

:welcome

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome,
I've had some corvettes in days long past (‘60, '62 & '65 - I'm old, in age only)! These cars were fun to drive fast but corner mostly like a '50 Chevy.
We do plan on driving this car way beyond anything we've ever experienced! Driving school is already in our future! What about radar recommendations? It must have a radar detector-detector. Also, what about dedicated track tires and wheels? It as p285/35/19, p335/25/20. There is a lot of 4 lane pavement around here with little traffic, also nice mountain roads with lots of corners(all lead to lakes or rivers)! We would only drive hard if we knew where the cops are, if we get tickets it could possibly park the car!!!
On another forum, I read that someone had a radar unit hard wired and the warranty covered the labor because in that car ya can't see the motor either... Does anyone have any experience or advice about this?
Thank you,
Stephen
THE WAITING PART it could be eight months. I don't know about that much lost sleep!!!

Last edited:
congrats!!! The countdown begins.

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!
congratulations on the new vette!!!!!:thumb

A radar detector is no different than any antenna; the higher it is, the better the reception. The greater the distance in wave lengths above the ground, the better the reception. Also, UHF and higher frequencies are line of sight; the higher up you are the further you can see and antennas aren't any different. I mount mine on the windshield when we want to play.

Radar guns and lasers (LIDR) are triggered so when the detector goes off you are caught.

Here is a site which tests them; they recommend more than one which is a good sign.
""JA-3 approved" laser jammers are: Laser Star Pro, K40 Laser Defuser G5, Anti-Laser Priority(ALP), Antilaser ALG9, Blinder HP-905, and Laser Interceptor."
Home - Laser Jammer Tests
Radar jammers are illegal in most states; check yours to verify if laser jammers are illegal.

Cops love Corvettes. We were doing 59 in a 55, a car passed us, and guess who was lasered? Lasers emit a small beam so it was aimed at us.

Welcome to the site, congratulations and enjoy your Corvette. :thumb

This is important so I am not editting

New LIDRs have a variable pulse rate which makes older jammers useless.

Driving school

We've learned that we can work as flagers at the local track to "earn" money to pay for a local driving school! Saturday we both worked eight hours, so we got a start on that!
We also found Chevy has a coupon available for the Ron Fellows driving school for buying a c7 stingray.
I asked Chevrolet for two coupons, since the Zo6 costs almost two stingrays!!!
Ron Fellows has a school for Zr1 owners so I asked them about us poor Zo6 owners. We'll see if anything happens.
Stephen

Last edited:
Welcome to the CAC

Sounds like a lot of fun in your future.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom