Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are these purple wires?

fine69

Corvette
'69 Convertible Vette; '72 Z28 Camaro Rally Sport
What is this plug w/the purple wires?

Hi folks,

Please look at the attached photos - particularly the plug with the two purple wires. These are from my dash harness and I'm having a tough time determining what this connects to. I didn't label this particular plug, and of course now I can't remember where it goes.

The closest thing I can see in the wiring diagram is a clutch safety switch. However, I believe the cutch safety switch is already hooked up. In looking up inside the firewall, above and connected to the clutch pedal linkage is a switch with two white wires that go into a plug with two purple wires.... so, what is this plug. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Ralph

I am guessing this connector is in your console area? It looks like the neutral start for an automatic trans. I think both were in the harness and they used what ever the car called for. The only other item that used that heavy guage purple wire was the rear defroster. Hope this helps

I am guessing this connector is in your console area? It looks like the neutral start for an automatic trans. I think both were in the harness and they used what ever the car called for. The only other item that used that heavy guage purple wire was the rear defroster. Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the wire is in the console area. So if this is for an auto or a rear defroster, neither would be applicable to my Vette. Would this just be left unconnected?

Those wires connect to the neutral/park interlock switch for a automatic transmission shifter. Since you have a manual, yes they will be left unplugged.

Those wires connect to the neutral/park interlock switch for a automatic transmission shifter. Since you have a manual, yes they will be left unplugged.

Thank you!
:BOW

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom