Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are these wires for?

S

sscam69

Well I finally got to gutting out most of the interior of the car so I could get a good look at what bubba left for me. Here is the after gutting pic.

Bubba's present

Here is what bubba left behind

:L Oh do I remember that state of interior, but the hard part is over. ;)

_ken :w

I like this one. Some how this id**t used a nail to hold the tranny panel in place.

What are these wires for. Or where do they hook up?

These blue/lt blue and yellow/lt yellow were hooked up to the rear speakers in the back. Was that they were originaly used for?

The orange wire, if i recall correctly, goes to some kind of small metal box under the arm rest behind the parking brake. whats that to?

The yellow arrow points to a bunch of wires that were taped up together. I found a lot of missing ends and connections to other things but I didin't have time to figure it out as it was getting dark.

Credit to my bro

Here is a pic of my vette!

Thats my bro. He helped me out. He was starting to get into the ricer trend and my friend told him

"forget that, wait till you get a load of that 350"

My engine was being rebuilt at that time. This was a Sunday afternoon and I finally had a chance to check out what bubba had done to my car. Hence the pics above. You can see all the wiring that was pulled just below the black duct. My bro cleaned the A/C ducting and gauges while I vacuumed the interior. I even found cockaroaches in the car under the carpet.

I wish I had a garage to work in. I have to do everything outside IF weather permits.

sscam69

Wow, that is a mess of wires. I think in that one shot you are holding the delay wiper module. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but on 78-79 the delay module was mounted under the center console, and on 80-82 they were mounted behind the passenger seat in the rear cubby. The 78-79 style is no longer available, so becareful with that puppy.

I am pretty sure those other wires that go to nowhere are simply for other options you car may not have like rear window defog, etc. It is cheaper for the factory to make one harness and stub it out than to custom build each one.

Speaking of ricers. We have a rice tuner right around the corner from where I live. I saw one of his recent project hondas at the autopart store. Let me simply say that the intercooler on this early 90's Civic ran the entire span of the front bumper and the was as tall as the bottom edge of the top of the bumper cover to the lower air dam area with and inlet and outles at least 4" in diameter. His stuff is fast. However, I bet that entire turbo set up cost more than a pair of schweeeet aluminum heads, roller cam, and matching intake/carb and must require constant tweaking to keep the boost from destroying the gerbils trapped under the moster plug wires and chrome covers.

OUCH!

The yellow & purple are the neutral starter interlock me thinks!

Mike

The orange wire, if i recall correctly, goes to some kind of small metal box under the arm rest behind the parking brake. whats that to?

I have that wire and it is connected to the parking brake somehwere( I think) I am not with my car and am going from memory. If there is anyone out there who could take a quick look that would be great.
Let me tell you, what a mess of wires. A lot of those wires look like they are from an after market stereo installation. I could be wrong.

Scott :w

Defogger?

If you look at the pic "just a mess" on the console right above where I am holding the module there is a small black switch of some sort. When I flip it on there is a small green light that goes on. Is it the defogger?

When I flip it on there is a small green light that goes on. Is it the defogger?

Yes this is the rear defogger. It toggles up towards the dash to turn it on. You will find the defogger draws a lot of current. Don't use it unless you need really need to. It is hard on your alternator. Shut it off as soon as the window clears. I find mine stays on longer than it needs to.

Scott :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom