Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What can I do?

A

Atomicelbow

Hey guys, I need some help. I want to get into a Vette. A 1968-1977. Only I don'y have 15,000.00. I'm not looking for a two dollar car or anything, but one under $8000, that dosen't need total restoration would be nice. Dose anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking for a long time with no luck, and am starting to think it's damn near hopeless. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a tremendous vehicle, and I would love to be privlidged to own and maintain one, I'd just like the oppertunity. Thanks all. -Steve.

Go to autotrader.com and click on collectibles. That's where I got my '77. good shopping. Hoss:)

You should be able to find a nice driver for 8K or less. Have you tried the Chevy/Corvette Trader? Go to as many Corvette sites as possible, one I know off hand is Vette Finders try the for sale section here. I know a guy who bought a nice 72 for right around 5K, it needs some work but he drives it all the time and it looks fairly good too. Just keep at it, and make sure you look it over good before handing over the cash or take someone with you that knows what to look for.

I got my car on Autonation.com too! Best website out there for older cars.
ACFC11.jpg

How far are you willing to drive to get one,there's a 75 for sale at work can try to get you the number if you want.I know nothing of the car and they're asking 7500.00 for it.

Have to agree with what has been said already, 8k is more than enough to get a nice Vette in the model range you're looking for.

- Eric:w

If you're willing to travel

• '76 at Pro Team
  • Another '76 at Pro Team

Also, try Hemmings.com, as they update constantly. For example:
  • FOR SALE CORVETTE: 1974 Stingray, T-top, L-48 engine, 4-spd transmission, needs brake work, have MA title, has 80,000 miles, $4,500 or best offer. 413-443-9389, MA; e-mail: eswanson@berkshire.rr.com
  • FOR SALE CORVETTE: 1973 convertible, 350, 4-spd, all original, every # matches, never in accident, runs and drives perfectly, everything works, needs paint, $6,950. Contact: 732-563-4945, NJ.
  • FOR SALE CORVETTE: 1977, new black, red leather, T-tops, power windows, 4-spd, Mat-6 & Teletrack alarms, CD, 4 new speakers, cover, excellent condition, $8,500. PH: 716-688-1240, NY.
  • FOR SALE CHEVROLET: 1968 CORVETTE BLK/BLK 4-speed, 327/350 www.enetwork-solutions.com/vette many pictures. 847-814-9222 Chicago area. Needs Paint. $9,400 Best offer Contact: dave, loudvette@aol.com, IL

Those may not be what you're looking for in terms of location or condition, but it just shows that cars in your price range are out there. Good luck!

--Bullitt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom