Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Color To Paint The 84?

V

vettespd20

I know this may not be the best spot to put this post but was not sure where to put it at. I am getting the 84 vette painted hopefully this week, and not sure what color. It is two tone metalic bronze (yuck) and the interior is dark brown with leather interior. I was wondering what color to get it painted? I kind of think DARK BLUE and DARK GREEN would go good with the interior but I want to know what u guys think let me know thanks.

easy one for me...

brown would go nice with yellow.:w
vettespd20 said:
I know this may not be the best spot to put this post but was not sure where to put it at. I am getting the 84 vette painted hopefully this week, and not sure what color. It is two tone metalic bronze (yuck) and the interior is dark brown with leather interior. I was wondering what color to get it painted? I kind of think DARK BLUE and DARK GREEN would go good with the interior but I want to know what u guys think let me know thanks.

Polo green II Metallic

I always like to stay with the original color but thats just my 2 cents.Hey I dont know if you have already chosen a shop yet but I am originally from the Cinci area and have a good friend that works at a dealership up there.He does side work at his house .He lives in St. Bernard.He does beautiful work.

I had an '86 that looked great with the "metallic red" (actually it was burgundy) for the early C-4s that offset my BBS Gold rims and the dark interior really well. It's almost the same as the '93 40th anniversity. Just a thought :)

Dan

I like to stay with original colors also....just because...door jambs, rocker panels and other nooks and crannies that they just don't seem to get right. Not that I'm a purist but, if you stay with original colors you keep the car original. I think it will be very hard to sell a repainted car that's a different color. Just my opinion.

I went through the same turmoil in choosing the color for my 84 it was origionally two tone and I decided to go with the original bronze and skip the lower brown color. I have been very happy with the decision. I was surprized by how many positive comments I got about the color. Now I would go with that color as my first choice even on a new one. I added the black GS accent strips to the left side and that really seems to add a lot. The car is pretty flashy as it is, so an understated color enhances the overall beauty of the lines.

If you're brave enough, go for black. Black is the best color for a Corvette, although every little speck of dirt shows up, even more so than on a white car. But it sure is a great color.

tyrel said:
If you're brave enough, go for black. Black is the best color for a Corvette, although every little speck of dirt shows up, even more so than on a white car. But it sure is a great color.

Have to agree with that. Black really does attract a lot of dust and dirt that really seems to show up even after one single ride around the block. Still love the color though.:_rock

WOW

thanks for all the replys and all the suggestions. :)
I dont know for sure if i am going to get it painted now, I got about 1200 to work with lol i know that is not much for a paint job. I was and still may either get it done on the street by some one I KNOW can do a good job and make it last or at maaco and get the 1k paint job with 4 year warrenty but not sure. I may just trade my camaro with some cash and get this really nice Z28 camaro and then use the rest in MORE MODS. I am not really worried about changing the color because it has a new engine with carb and many mods with nitrous so its not an normal vette lol. But the paint on it is not bad i would say its about an 70% out of an hundred its not perfect but it is 20 years old. here is a link of some pics thanks everyone.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mwildcats29/my_photos

Take some of the money you say you got and send it back to the guy you STIFFED on the injectors over at the CF! It's past TIME...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom