Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What current car would you dream about Callaway modifying?

Brangeta

The rules are, it has to be currently produced. Other than that, it has to be something less than $50,000. :)

On the this-would-never-happen side of things, I would think it would be cool if Callaway modified a Ginetta G-20. For those that don't know, a Ginetta G-20 is essentially a coachbuilt Miata. I'd say kitcar, but you can't just buy the body and do it yourself, so that's not completely accurate.

I think the car would benefit from some engine work (most only have 136 horsepower). The body is quite nice, but the windshield is kooky and could use a bit of work. It'd be nice if it actually had a trunk too. :ugh
image-18452.jpg

On the other hand, (a more plausible idea) it'd be interesting to see a Callaway version of the Pontiac Solstice. Nice big engine, an aerobody package that gets rid of those silly side mirrors, and you'd have yourself a a real competitor. :cool
07-pontiac-solstice-gxp-2_600.jpg

What are your ideas guys?

Brangeta

:crazyThat was unexpectedly begging to be photoshopped. Not a very clean job, but I didn't want to spend any time on it. Looks... pretty nice actually.
ginettasolstice.jpg

*89x2*

...something with 4 or 5 (adult) seats -

Someting practical for family - The Corvette based cars are amazing vehicles however, I just picked up a new daily driver / family car that is pretty much, just another boring car ;)

Now if Callaway Cars took a CTS-V sedan, or a TrailBlazer SS (SUV) and added the Callaway - MagnaCharger to that, and gave the similar treatment they do with their Corvette packages, I am sure I would not be alone in the line that formed to buy one :upthumbs :lou

I had first thought another Callaway Range Rover would be interesting, but at a cost that would be rather steep, along with Range Rovers historicaly low residual values over time, I cannot convince myself to buy a Rover ;squint:

Jeroenvgfn

Corvette
1986 Black Coupe RPO Z51
I am happy to own a C1 turbo project for a Volkswagen GTI and that will become my daily driver this summer.

as soon as the Vette is ready from its interior restoration and on the road again I will put my current daily for sale and buy me a nice project Rabbit Convertible.

I will have time to build and adjust it untill next winter comes.

but for more current cars , I think the Opel speedster would be nice if Callaway did some magic on.

(I believe you call it pontiac solstice )
picture :
Opel_GT_1.jpg

Opel_GT_2.jpg

I will definately buy one and bring it to Leingarten for a tune up ;worship

Brangeta

In America, the Opel Speedster is the Saturn Sky. We didn't have the previous version of the Opel Speedster though (the mid-engine, Lotus Elise lookin' one).

I'd rather have the Opel than the Saturn since Opel doesn't have the cheap-car reputation.

07.saturn.sky.340.jpg

Chris-- What do you think of Callaway modifying the upcoming Pontiac G8? It's a sedan and comes with a 362 hp V-8 (I think).
pontiac_g8_gt_show_car.jpg

Brangeta

No, we don't have Opel, Vauxhall, Holden, Marcos, Rover, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, or TVR. :(

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom