Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What did I do wrong?

Z

Zora1

Just wondering why no one responded to my first post concerning an intermittent miss on my 84 crossfire? Is there a secret handshake or something??? I could really use some assistance!:confused

I found that I didn't get a response to my first question posted until I went to the Introduction portion of the forum and introduced myself. ;) I'm sure this was a coincindence, but it's worth a shot. And it might just be that the right person hasn't read the thread yet.

And welcome to the CAC. :beer

(Can I welcome new members when I've only been registered less than a week? ) :)

no response...

...or obviously, that we don't
know! I'm really unfamiliar with
the '84 engine, I only know the
LT1/4 from looking at my own car.

Good luck!

I would guess that someone who knows 84's did not see it (yet?) I believe the 84's are a little different than the other l98's and most don't want to comment if they are not sure. I found this forum not to be "post count conscience" like the other forums, and people here will answer without having to have 100 posts or a secret password. You can always reply to your own post to move it back to the top of the forum so someone who missed it has another chance to see it. Good luck.

Same here...

Don't know a thing about the newer vehicles, with anything computerized!

Welcome to CACC, I'm sure someone will be along soon who can answer your question.
Silver

ok... come guys... quit pulling his leg, and show him the secret post code indicator !!!

Thanks to all! I was starting to think I had fogotten my right guard or something. Look forward to participating, and will be forever in debt to all of you if I find this particular problem. Went to the local GM dealer yesterday, and spoke with their head technician. He didn't have a clue, and said they stopped working on crossfires a long time ago. Of course they will still sell you a C-5!

84 problems

You've come to the right place.

I've learned allot from this forum.

I've just recently replaced a carbuerated intake on my 84 with a crossfire.

Had none of the peices and bought everything from forum members and ebay.

Twinnie & vigman have been loads of help to me, and I'm sure they will respond as well.

Try this link as well, nothing but crossfire stuff.

https://www.crossfire.homeip.net/cftest/

Ken

Secret Waterbuffalo Handshake

Welcome to the CAC--you and your vette will love it here.

Your story is sorta similar to mine, but my 84 has given me no problems. There will be a few people here that can help you with this particular problem. You have an L83 engine. It is NOT an L98 or LT1, which makes it a bit of an oddball here since it was only put in two (or three if you want to be picky) from 82-84. I can help you with some stuff but Vigman and Twinnie are the L83 gurus around here.

Congrats on your vette
--Drew:w

ROTFLMAO??? That one's over my head! Kathleen is a very-very-very small city below Warner Robins, which is below Macon, which is below Atlanta! We even have our own Post Office!

Zora, welcome to the CAC, someone will be along shortly to respond to your inquiry... ;)

Rolling on the Floor Laughing my A$$ Off :L

Sorry, but I haven't got a clue on crossfire injection. I have to stick with carbs and nuts and bolts.

Steve :w

I heard there is another addition to the end of ROTFLMAO...

ROTFLMAOPIP.....

Hey Eagle . Would that last part be "peeing in pants"? Cliff

What was the question?

Huh... what?

I never saw the first post

Welcome to CAC

Please repeat the question?

Vig!

Vigman,

Thanks for asking. I can't believe I got this many replies! As I see you've posted on the original question, I won't belabor it here. Heard you were an expert on the 84's, so look forward to taping your intellectual powers! I really enjoy both working and riding in mine. I've got another question, but will start a new thread! Later

Zora

ah well, these two threads have quieted down....hmm he aint from croatia, but.... maybe we can get him to ask about oil....;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom