Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do I look for when purchasing used?

ThunderJohnson

I am new to the boards here.

I used to own a '72 LT1, now looking to buy a C5.

;help Can someone provide a link or other information as to what I should be sure to look for/check out/have checked out by a mechanic/dealership etc. to determine if the car has been driven hard or is on the verge of needing expensive repairs.

Thank you.

Thunder,

Welcome! There's a whole lot of fun to be had just shopping for a Corvette. Just read as much as you can about the C5's and talk to anyone and everyone who owns one. My typical comment to anyone shopping for a Vette is to buy the newest one with the lowest mileage you can afford. :)

To make the search easier, you might want to isolate just what kind you want...coupe or convertible, automatic or 6-speed...the rest will fall into place.

If I can help at all, please don't hesitate to contact me. I sell Corvettes for one of the most well-known used Corvette dealers on the East Coast.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Elaine

I recommend reading "All Corvettes Are Red" to all C5 owners. It is a great read. It won't help you pick a C5, but it will help you appreciate them.

I ended up getting an '04 mainly due to the price, proximity to home and the mileage. I am by no means a technical expert and most of the advice I got was WAY over my head. Mine had just come off lease and the seller had just bought an '07 so he wanted to sell it. I had been looking for about 6 months for the right situation and it came in out of the blue. My best advice is to be patient and the right vehicle will become available for you.

Thunder,

welcome to the CAC and good luck in your search.

There is also a section under the Tech Center drop down menu called "Buying a Corvette." This is a great checklist which can be printed and carried along with you when looking at Vettes.

Here's the link to the webpage.

:w Jane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom