Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do ya think 'bout this?

D

Drewser

I have an opportunity to buy a 99 Polo Green 'vert with 4,000 miles on it for...$15k. This car has never been wet (garage kept). I had my heart set on a coupe but I think I might be able to cope. I just hope it is true. I'll keep you posted. :D
--Drew:w

First I would want to know who repainted it and why. Polo green was never offered on a C5. They had Dark Bowling Green that is close to Polo in 2000 and 2001. Fairway Green for 98 convertibles. For 99 there wasn't any green offered.

Drewser, I would be real careful with this car; sometimes the deal that seems too good to be true actually is. A 1999 convertible, with 4,000 miles, and kept in the garage should be much more expensive than $15,000 (probably should be about $25,000). Be careful.

I would get the vin and check it out to see if the car was in an accident and if it was totaled and then rebuilt. If that is the case, than stay far away from it. There must be a reason why it is so cheap. Check it out first to protect yourself. It will be worth your time.

Hi Drew It does sound too good to be true . But let us know what you find . Cliff

I've got a friend that went to Fla. and bought a rebuilt '98 and it worked out O.K. I'd check it out with agood frame man.

details

I got the tip from my next door neighbor (usually very reliable). I still haven't looked at the car yet, but now he says that is might not be a 99 (his niece is the one who lives by car). It does have 4k miles on it but it hasn't been started in 2-3 years (has been garaged) or so the story goes. He didn't say it was polo green, just dark green. As soon as I can find out exactly where the car is (more than just Dayton, Ohio) I'm gonna go check it out thoroughly, including running the vin. The first thought that ran through my head when I heard about this was, "What is the catch...sounds too good to be true". As long as it is a C5 and in good shape I'll probably get it, but the devil is in the details. I'm supposed to find out more tomorrow. Thanks for the input. I'll post more when I know more.
--Drew:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom