Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do yall pay for insurance

I'm 32 clean MVR and the vette costs me $250 a year for the minimum required liability ins. Full coverage on my 2000 Mountaineer costs me about $850 a year. I use Cotton States Insurance Co.

My 84 Vette has full coverage and I pay 649 a year. That is thru Travelers Insurance. I have had them for years and they have always done me well.

:D

Insurance

'04 Suzuki Firenza Full coverage
'03 Honda CRV Full coverage
'86 Corvette comp/liability

all $250 deductables @$132/month

Two drivers aged 34 & 36 w/clean driving records and very high credit scores each.

Blessings,
wife of C4me

2000 HD Road King Classic "Full Coverage" Mine
1999 Tahoe 4X4 "Full Coverage" Wife
1993 GMC 3/4 4X4 Truck "PL PD" My Hunting, Snow Plow & Chore Truck
1992 Corvette "Full Coverage" Mine
1991 Lumina Euro "PL PD" Son

I'm pushing 45 real hard
Wife's 38 but looks 25
Son is 17 1/2 but thinks he's 40
Zero tickets for all of us!!

Total for year $3160.00

(The Harley 1550cc Stage 2 is the cheapest at $360.00 per year with HOG)

"$15,000 coverage."

What automobile will you get repaired for $15,000? What is your medical liability limit? Hit a vehicle and injure a couple of people, and you will hit a low limit very quickly. If the insurance does not cover the other person's losses, they could come after you personally. Higher liability limits are not that expensive.

I say this because my ex-wife was hit by a person with the Idaho $15,000 minimum. My underinsured policy covered the costs, and last I heard they wanted the balance from the person who hit my ex. Think about it.... $15,000 is just not enough.

There is $1,000,000 liability. You select the amount your car is worth (by appraised value) and they figure the premium out from that. I can replace the car with a newer C4 rag for 15 grand up here...
I paid about 12 to 13 for it with trade...

96 Vette
90 Jeep Cherokee
Both full coverage

$90 Per month in NC

'92 vette convertible(6 months full coverage with 1 000.00 $ deductible).......'98 hyundai accent(full coverage).....'00 infinity QX4(full coverage).....I pay in total $ 3 589.72 CAN.......37 yrs young ....No tickets and no claims in the past 7 years.

I have my vette with full coverage for about $60 my bronco with pl pd for about $30. my rod isn't street legal. 28 with no crashes no tickets (I should have got one yesterday past a Cop with me doing 80+) in the past 12 years

44 yrs old good driving record .
92 vette
93 labaron
95 Lumina
96 delta 88
My house insurance
I pay just about 2200/year and I have my 21 yr old daughter on policy as primary on olds. I haven't looked at the details on it lately. I use progressive ins. co. They did accidently apply her as primary on vette , my policy jumped UP 3k/year. I fixed that mistake quick!

29 year old male, no accidents, full coverage in Missouri = $90/month

Also, when I moved, my rates when down. Way less crime where I'm at now.

$302.00 / year but I can't drive more than 5000 per year.
1992 LT1, full coverage, $500.00 ded.
No citations at all.

I know from experience that Hagerty will insure your Vette and at a good rate. Their big drawback is they limit your collector car usage and mileage throughout the year.

A much better deal can be obtained from either Grundy or, believe it or not, Ford Motor Company. The latter happens to insure collector cars through one of their subsidiaries. Give either a shot, you'll be happy not having mileage/use restrictions, although you still cannot make it a daily driver.

Good luck.

Comparing rates in one state (or country) to rates in another is foolish, to say the least. It just can't be done.

A 19 year old waiting for the "last" wreck to come off his record and wondering why his rates are high...duhhh, I can't figgger that out.

But I'll add to the drool session for this young guy...
1967 bb a/c Coupe, liability 250/500/100, PIP, $100 deductible comprehensive, $500 deductible collision, uninsured/underinsured 250/500/100 and the rate is $162.00 for six months.
1993 ZR1 with the same coverage as the 67, $184.00 for six months.

A clean record and some "mileage" on your own birthday odometer helps quite a bit.
Oh yeah, that's with the same company he's with.....

Keep in mind what happens if you have to use the insurance. I paid slightly more money for State Farm for years. I lost my home in the Southern California fires a year ago and the level of service and support was so high I felt quilty hearing all the problems other people had dealing with their insurance company. I feel the money you pay does need to balance with the service you get. It does not always work that way but it did for me.

Forgot to mention: Both Grundy and Ford offer annual policies along with those great rates, and as you know, not having to deal with the insurance for 12 months is a good thing. Costs: for example, the full coverage minimal deductibles at "agreed value" on my Corvette is $252 a year. Just can't beat it!

I am a 51 year old Canadian male with a clean record and I pay approximately $725 U.S. for 7 months here in B.C. Canada. But this is for full coverage with a $300 deductible and $2 M public damage...I can't believe that some people only have a 25K/50K coverage. That simply is not enough, it is a disservice to not only the policy holder but anyone that he may injure. Keep in mind that you need to not only protect yourself financially and your family but you owe it to all other drivers on the road. They need to be fully financially compensated for your goofs should they happen.

robertwilbanks said:
Keep in mind what happens if you have to use the insurance. I paid slightly more money for State Farm for years. I lost my home in the Southern California fires a year ago and the level of service and support was so high I felt quilty hearing all the problems other people had dealing with their insurance company. I feel the money you pay does need to balance with the service you get. It does not always work that way but it did for me.
I like this guy!...on behalf of State Farm, let me say, "Thank you, thank you very much." It's what we strive to do, be a Good Neighbor.

I live in rural Iowa, with State Farm I pay $46 per month for full coverage with $500 deductable comp.My liability is $300K and I carry a million dollar blanket on everything for about $156 a yr.I have a speeding ticket about every 2 yrs it seems, but no accidents. Age helps me a lot, 56. Also haveing all my insurence with State farm gives me a discount. The vette, 89 Riv. with full covarage, same 500 deductable comp. an old 82 pickup and my home runs me about $175 a month. The home is over $60 of that.

Hello I am just a new guy here...so please bear with me...I have a 1986 convertible and a 1963 chevy I am 62 years old with a perfect driving record....I pay Liberty Mutual of Omaha $417.oo Per YEAR....Yes that is correct $417.00 per year..I drive the cars less than 3k per year...you might want to call them

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom