Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What does this number mean ?

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
After pulling my fuel tank, I found this #310 written on the back of the body.

2s8qttk.jpg

What was its significance??

That's the build/job number. It has no significance outside of the St. Louis assembly plant, and is not related to the VIN.

Mine was a 500 build.
Build500-bulkhead-500.jpg

It's also written on the entry doors, inside the interior panels, and on the firewall (engine side) underneath the heater box.

Build500-pass-door-500.jpg

Number on passenger door shown upside down.

I learn something new on here everyday....what a great place....every little bit and piece of Corvette knowledge.....I love it....should have acourse in College called Corvette History.....now that would be a class I'd actaully pass...;LOL

Your job number might be related to your VIN. Add 500 to it. Does your VIN end in 810?

FWIW: You will likely find the 310 on the lower right side of the cowl where it will be visible from the front of the car. Also likely to show up on the passenger's toe kick or even the tranny tunnel.

:)

No.. #00308...Close to 310 though

Thanks for the info. From the little research I have been able to do, there is usually no correlation between the job number and the VIN on earlier cars. Some later car owners have confirmed job numbers which are 500 less than the last three digits of the VIN.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom