Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Else should I replace??

V

volavet

I am having my long standing intake manifold oil leak fixed, water pump replaced, coolant flushed (orig coolant!!) and the optispark while their in there done. They did not mention anything about getting a new thermostat or replacing wires/plugs - which seems to be a common theme among some of the posts. Any comments or advice about whether I should have these done as well (thermo and plugs) since it still runs perfect. Also, any other items I should consider replacing for preventative maint.

My 96 CE has 33k miles, all stock, all orig parts including tires, which need replacement badly.

Since I mentioned it, any advice on tires, I was planning on going with the Kuhmo ECSTA MX tires. They seem to have good feedback and are reasonably priced.

Thanks for the advice and Help.

Many people will say don't fix it till it breaks, but I have been a strong believer of preventative maintenance especially in my vette. You could replace get the Thermostat, they are not that expensive. I would imagine you could probably do plugs, and wires yourself. Other then that I am not sure maybe an EGR valve if your car has something like that.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom