Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What gives - no wave!

4WDVETTE

Corvette
1966 Coupe
I was cruizin' in my Ram Air T/A yesterday behind a red C5. Along comes a blue C3 and - no wave! About 5 cars behind the C3 is a red Ram Air T/A. He about fell out the window waving to me. When I am in my C2 I wave to just about anybody that even looks like they might wave. You get some funny looks but, so what.

Steve.

A new mindset and plain stupidity!!!!!

You will see new vette owners drive by without a clue about the wave and get used to it. But lately it's more then new owners and that's what bothers me.

Last year at Carlisle we passed a group of people that were sitting under a tent that looked like a group from the Shady Farm Nursing home that could barely walk. But every one of then owned a vette, l don't know about driving one but they oned one. May some of the owners just can't see you coming!!!!!!

Alan:beer

yeah, the no wave thing is pretty bad. I've come to expect it from most C4, C5, C6 guys although I wave regardless but at least almost all C1 thru C3's wave back. Every now and than I come across one that doesn't.

i've stopped getting upset at the other vettes that don't wave back - it's not worth the aggrevation to worry about it, and I figure I at least did my part even if they didn't return the gesture. Besides, there are times that sometimes the other vette just doesn't see you to return the wave because of concentrating on other traffic, fooling with the radio, etc.

I waved at a woman in a C4 once just before turning into a gas station. She looked at me but didn't wave back. Oh well. Next thing I know she pulls into the gas station while I was pumping the gas and asks if we know each other. I realized what hads happened immediately - she wasn't aware of the wave tradition so when I waved she was confused and actually turned around and came back figuring that I must have known her since i had waved. I had to explain the wave tradition to her.

I drive my wife crazy though when we aren't in one of the vettes and we are just driving in one of our daily drivers and I see a vette and I still wave. She thinks i'm nuts because she says that waving is a waste of time since the vette driver has no clue why i'm waving from a Lexus or a 4Runner but it makes me feel better to do it anyway and honestly, it's mostly reflex and habit anyway to wave if I see another vette no matter what I'm driving.

Yeah Barry and Alan. I guess you are right. I started waving years ago when I had my first sports car (an MGA). Is being friendly not catching? By the way Barry, maybe that lady was trying to hit on you. She saw a good lookin' guy in a Vette (we all look better behind the wheel of a Vette). Oh well, it's early.

Steve

nah, not me Steve. All people say when they see me behind the wheel of my Vette is "what a shame, what a fugly guy in that really nice car". ;LOL

Barry - that's a good one. I think when they see me in my 66 they say 'what's that old fart doing with that great car?'

Steve

When l see a 66 all that l notice is the 66!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom