Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Insurance do you use?

Drew Peyton

I'm thinking about getting a new c7. I need advice on what insurance that I should use. I'm on a budget and I want the most affordable insurance that I can get. I live in Miami and I'm single if that helps any.

I noticed that many people have been recommending Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO.Allstate Vs Progressive Car Insurance: 7 Differences (Easy)

Do you guys use any of these companies and if so, please share your rates. Also, let me know if there is a good company for sport cars. I appreciate any advice and any recommendation that is given.

Grundy's Insurance

Any thoughts or experience using Grundys insurance? I had it on a 2011 Camaro but never had to put in a claim. They are less cost than some of the general companies and don't restrict mileage.

Thanks for your input.

FYI-I decided to go with Grundys.

Last edited:
Car insurance

No I have not considered Hagerty but will check them out. Have u ever put in a claim with them? Have or know of anyone who has experience with Grundys?

No I have not considered Hagerty but will check them out. Have u ever put in a claim with them? Have or know of anyone who has experience with Grundys?
I've never had to put in a claim (knock wood) but the rates are low and they specialize in sports/vintage cars.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

We have Farm Bureau and are very pleased with them both with price and service. This winter, my truck was attacked twice by mice.. Who chewed a lot of wires. A neighbor suggested getting it fixed and filing under comprehensive or zero deductible. I paid, submitted a claim and they paid twice with no premium increase..

I recently traded the truck in.. So I'm wondering what the dealer's mechanics will think when they see all the dryer sheets and small screen bags of moth balls hanging under the hood.. ;LOL;LOL

Have you checked with your regular carrier? With my company (Shelter) I get discounts for multi-car, multi-policy (house and a life as well as the cars), good driver and doing a safe driver class.

Insurance for Corvette

I have used GEICO for ten years for my Corvettes; sometimes I have comparison shopped Allstate, Farmers, State Farm, Progressive, Hartford, Travelers, and others that I can't think of, but, the result is always the same; their rates for six months is what GEICO charges me for a year! I actually pay less than some of my friends pay for an ordinary pos sedan or SUV with other companies. I would give you my rate, but, it probably wouldn't be relevant to your personal situation such as your age, zip code, mileage, etc.

As mentioned I have Farm Bureau. With my C5, I have more than book on it in the engine and power train. There I use Grundy to pick up the difference.
If you own a modified car, regular insurance will not come close to what you have invested.

Insurance

Has anyone had a negative experience filing insurance claims ? I have a 64 Corvette that is barely driven.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom