Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is best Chevy dealership in GA for Corvette service?

brad

the tires are covered by the goodyear warrenty. i had one that needed to be replaced it was covered. i cant remember how long the time is . they also cover road hazard i think up to a year. also oil changes are costly because of the mobile 1 oil.
jeff

I seem to remember that the Goodyear warrenty on the tires is 12 months/12,000 miles. And that repair of the "super tires"/run flats is a little more complicated than just plugging the puncture. The advice was get a Goodyear dealer to do the repair and the speed rating will be intact. Otherwise the warrenty is void for that tire.

To Tammy: I used to live in Lilburn some years ago. When I was looking for a C2, I found a broker in Lilburn. No sales tax thru a broker. I saw and/or drove 6 or 7 C2s in one afternoon. I had no idea that Lilburn, GA. was such a hot bed of Vette owners. At the end of that day, I drove my newly aquired '65 roadster on to a flat bed and followed it home to Winder. A good day indeed. :D

Marlar said:
To Tammy: I used to live in Lilburn some years ago. When I was looking for a C2, I found a broker in Lilburn. No sales tax thru a broker. I saw and/or drove 6 or 7 C2s in one afternoon. I had no idea that Lilburn, GA. was such a hot bed of Vette owners. At the end of that day, I drove my newly aquired '65 roadster on to a flat bed and followed it home to Winder. A good day indeed. :D

Wow! 6 or 7 C2's in one afternoon. Awesome.
I wonder if that broker is still around... one day when my ship comes in, I'd really like to have a few more vettes in the garage. Especially a midyear.

gobmcdeeusa said:
Just as I suspected. Most Chevy salesmen are liars.
Okay. I was a bit harsh. I wish the car buying process wasn't so confrontational. It seems that if the dealerships want your trust to service your vehicle that they would demonstrate trust by answering basic questions honestly. Or maybe they expect me to expect them to fibb a bit because that's how cars are sold. Strange! It only seems fair then that I can fibb too when it comes to negotiations. Oh, but wait, they'll be expecting that. Darn!

You guys are great though. In the end it looks like most Corvette owners are happy ones and keep coming back for the abuse. :)

I don't know about service, but in Savannah there's a little lack of knowledge about corvettes. When asking about the 2006 ZO6, I was told probably over
75k with the convertible or removable roof. What the?

steve rossi said:
I don't know about service, but in Savannah there's a little lack of knowledge about corvettes. When asking about the 2006 ZO6, I was told probably over
75k with the convertible or removable roof. What the?
;LOL run, do not walk away from that dealer!

Dealers in Atlanta....

I just purchased my DSOM 06 vert from Bill Heard in Kennesaw. Great dealership. So far...so good. Smooth sale, I feel I got a good deal, and they return phone calls after the sale. (working on getting a new Nav disc...to repair the MP3 playback...disc due out this month)

Anyway...Maxie price people didn't know beans about corvettes (at least the 2 people I talked with...on different occasions). They are still selling 2005 at "Maxie" prices (high). I tried to buy from Maxie 3 times over the last 15 years and in all instances I was lied to and given the run around.

Tom Jumper I'll never do business with again either. Shady dealership. Unless they have changed since 1996.

I'd say as far as dealerships go...Try Bill Heard in Buford or Kennesaw.

So far, so good. They were very helpful.

digirob said:
I just purchased my DSOM 06 vert from Bill Heard in Kennesaw. Great dealership. So far...so good. Smooth sale, I feel I got a good deal, and they return phone calls after the sale. (working on getting a new Nav disc...to repair the MP3 playback...disc due out this month)

Anyway...Maxie price people didn't know beans about corvettes (at least the 2 people I talked with...on different occasions). They are still selling 2005 at "Maxie" prices (high). I tried to buy from Maxie 3 times over the last 15 years and in all instances I was lied to and given the run around.

Tom Jumper I'll never do business with again either. Shady dealership. Unless they have changed since 1996.

I'd say as far as dealerships go...Try Bill Heard in Buford or Kennesaw.

So far, so good. They were very helpful.
Thanks for the reply. I feel really vexed now. I would never have thought to go out to Bill Heard. It seemed that Maxi Price would have been alright. They have a new service facility. I didn't like Tom Jumper either. Gwinett Place Chevy was alright or at least the sales guy there has always called me back when asked. I have been going to Gwinett Place Honda next door to them for many years and have not had any problems. But it is a Honda dealership after all. The closeset dealership to me is Jim Ellis and they claim to have Corvette technicians and GM verifies that they have qualified techs but they don't seem to ever have many Corvettes on lot. Maybe I need to find a local club and talk to those foks a bit. Thanks again!!

I went over to Jim Ellis Chevrolet today to pick up a 2006 Brochure. They had 5 Corvettes on the lot and one with the new 6-speed auto. I asked to drive the auto stating that I was not ready to buy right now but would be soon and they denied me the opportunity to drive it. Unbelievable!! They said they would let me drive it when I'm ready to buy. I just X'd Jim Ellis off my list of potential dearlerships to buy from. I've X'd Tom Jumper too. And now Delphi in bankruptcy. The bankruptcy may be good new for GM in the long run but not so good for the next few year. I may be waiting for the C7. Darn it all!!

Unbelieveable!! At least Maxie Price let me test drive a vette before I bought one. That probably made me act sooner on my vette purchase than anything. Ya know...back in the seat really "pushed" me over the edge ;)

Go check out Bill Heard. Like I said before...so far so good. It's amazing how bad american dealerships are.

-Rob

Bad is an understatement. The sales guy, who's name I won't mention, knew diddly squat about Corvettes. I was listening to him completely mislead a potential customer about accessories and standard equipment. I kinda felt sorry for the guy because he will never be able to sell to Corvette buyers knowing so little about them. Yea, I need to check out Bill Heard I guess.

Hey there,

I don't know where you are in Atlanta but I'm in Dacula, even though I bought my vette from Kennesaw Bill Heard. I contacted Jim Graham in Buford and he proptly returned my phone call. I touched base with him in order to try to establish a relationship with the dealer out here. He was very helpful and he said he would be happy to hook me up with some good people at his dealership.

I found my Vette on EBay as BH in Kennesaw was having a web special to clear out remaining 2005s. They sold me my vette for just a hair over invoice and gave me what I wanted for my car...and a great rate.

Jim didn't have the Vette I wanted so Buford was not an option at the time (my DSOM vert is loaded with every option...so that color combo with the options was a hard find).

Try this guy...

Jim Graham
GM BuyPower Manager
Bill Heard Chevrolet
4490 South Lee St.
Buford, Ga. 30518
770-945-4981
800-308-3934
678-886-8327 (cell)

If your closer to Kennesaw talk to Greg Graff.

-Rob

At Maxie, ask for Steve Tillman. What he doesn't know about Vettes old and new is very small. He races them and is current with the latest info, specs, etc. He let me drive whatever they had on the lot. Of course, a year ago MSRP was all that I could have expected. tillman@maxieprice.com

:cool

gobmcdeeusa said:
Okay, I've been reading through this forum for the past year. A 2006 Corvette is on my list of potential new cars along with a BMW Z4. I'm looking to get feedback from members on their Georgia area dealership experiences when servicing their Corvette. Give me the good, bad, and the ugly. Which dealership had the most knowledge of how to correclty service your Vette and treated you with respect and concern? The Corvette would be my first experience with buying American made in the last 20 years and normally drive Hondas so I'm a bit skeptical. Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
I don't know where you live, but the Chevorlet dealer in Cumming (Anadine or something like that) I hear is pretty good. Speak to John Crow. John just left Tom Jumper.

I researched for about 2.5 years before I finally bought my 1st Vette. I learned every detail about the C5's down to the torque specifications for just about every fastener on the car. My final decision was made as to the suspension options. I drove a couple base suspension cars, a Z51, and a 2003 magnetic ride equipped car at various dealers in Ga and Fla. over the past few years. I decided on the Z51 suspension package and am very glad I did.

But when it finally came time to buy it (2004 Commemorative Edition Coupe), I actually did it over the phone. Once I knew the options I wanted, I waited for the GM rebate period (Jan 04), and then did a search for cars locally. Maxie Price had the car I wanted, so I called Monica Dean and quoted the true dealer cost (not invoice) to her. Then, I asked her to give me the bottom line that Maxie would take for the car. She said she would call me right back (and she did within 5 minutes) with an out the door price that was very reasonable. I FedEx'd her a deposit and went 2 days later (from all the way across Atlanta) to pick it up.

She was waiting for me at the dealership at the time we agreed upon. I inspected the car, and we went for a test drive. She paid for a fillup of premium unleaded on the way back to the dealership. When we got back, the paperwork was ready, and a few minutes later we were taking pictures. She took me through a very well organized and detailed owner presentation and then I drove off as the proud new owner of my lifelong dream machine.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TALK WITH MONICA before buying a Vette!

I have had no problems with my car (almost 2 years old) yet, but I would probably take it to Maxie for warranty service if needed. As for routine maintenance, NOBODY touches my car!

BTW - check out our little group, peachstateposse.com

i have bought both my first c5 and now my 05 c6 z51 from tom jumper in roswell i have had good luck with them both times but never take their first quote both times there i had to negotiate for about 3 hours to get what i wanted before finally aqueezing in a 42500 on a new 2005
c6 in dec

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom