Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is it you love about you're Corvette?

I skipped the C9 and went right to a C10. It's a lowered '69 short stepside pick-em-up but it's a C10. :L

Tom

To me, it's pretty much what most everyone said....refinement, performance and heritage. Ya can't beat the vette. Almost 50 years, of american performance...not many other vehicles can still say that.

For my dad, it started back when he was a kid. He loves the 53-62, but doesn't have the $$$ to own one, and doesn't have the time/patience to build one up. For me, it started in 1991 after the Gulf War...my dad came back, and we spent a whole day driving about 8 different 91 Corvettes in all...i was 8 at the time. He decided on a Cobalt Blue Coupe....and we still have the car. Threathed to sell it numerous times, but i threathen him every time. This september, i'm attending airframe and powerplant school in Daytona, and hopefully, once i graduate, i'll be able to start saving up towards a ZO6, or who knows what they will come out w/ then the C6 comes out.

To me, it's just heritage...you feel apart of something that's a lil bigger then you can really explain when you own/drive in a 'vette. Even riding in one, you feel special. Just seeing them, makes you smirk and say "damn". But all in all, it's a brotherhood. When you own one, no matter what year ,could be a 53, could be an 83 ( oh my bad :crazy ) you're always welcome somewhere...

I had a chance to drive a ZR-1:BOW and it was great!
The car was just so much fun to drive. I diden't even turn on the radio because I loved the sound of that LT5 as it torqude to me as I rowed through the gears.

I my alltime favorite would be a 1968 427, but have a 2000 FRC, I can tell you it is like a sixties muscle car with great dependability, A car you can push and push and will not brake. Like working on them, but much better would like to drive em.

Vettegirl I also commut with and Explorer when not in the Vette, and it is much more exciting. I even take the longer way home.

give me the 67 427 anyday....sorry, i'm not a C3 (considering the 68 isn't a stingray ) fan. I love the mid years though....mmmmmmm. Grand Sports :D ultimate dream=67 L-88 black w/ white stinger....oh my lawd......ok, i better stop...i'm gonna need a keyboard w/ all this drool. But, to each their own i guess. I know people that all they would own is Stingray's, but to me...you can't beat 53-67's

The more I learn about the C-5's the more I seem to like them.
I like the refinement and the automotive press says really good things about the C-5 as far as realiblty, (I plan to drive it alot) so that is an issue with meI'm really liking the C-5 and I really like the 6 speed. The verts are nice, but that huge blind spot with the top up is a problem being I am short.
The pics I've seen in the C-6 don't impress me, the front looks goofy to me. :frown

Vettegirl......... sorry I missed your message. Yes, the weekend was great in my Vette except for all the rain. What a machine...

Steve
:w

get one as soon as you can. you won't regret it!

future vetter,
i am 51 yrs. young & just picked up a 73 350 400turbo, iwaited for my 2 children to grow up, also i looked for yrs. to find one that had not been restored, it will take me 5yrs to complete & i love working on it, i drive it once a wk.for about 10 mins. when i first got it it had no brakes/no exhaust/& did not run,it's come a long way in 30 days. i will do all the work except painting,this car gives me peace of mind,its a dream come true, no such thing as a bad day with the vette.
pizza3260@aol.com

Welcome

Congrats on the new '73 Tom. Nothing like a Corvette project to keep you occupied. I used to drive my '59 around the neighborhood til it developed a braking problem in the left front. Now that's just one more area to rebuild. :L

Tom

Dear Future vetter,
Just like you, I wanted a Vette. First I looked at the other sport cars. European: too expensive and too difficult to maintain. Ford Mustang: too little for too much. Dodge Viper: maybe, but the too pricey. Researching the Vette I found I could swing a 50th model year. Then the fact that it would be the 50th model year hit me like a brick. I've read enough to appreciate the C5 body and the engineering that went into it. What it came down to was this: if I want a sports car with a history and will "appreciate" over time, then this is it and now is the time. God grants us only a short time here. I am sure if I didn't buy one, St. Peter would ash,"...and why not?" then see God speed away in one. (atheists please note: sorry for the religous reference).

Hi vettegirl,
I hope your dream comes true. I believe there is nothing better on a girl (other than me) than a Vette.

For me, being of asian decent, you would expect me to drive around in a little japanese rice rocket. But having owned a 97 and 02 vette, its hard to get back to those little 4 and 6 cylinder cars. I truely love my corvette, and even more that I slowly started suping up my 02. And I have more future plans for it, maybe cams and heads, z06 caliber with rotors, the Ecklers after market hook. So much so to do. Lets wait and see.

ZiroCool said:
For me, being of asian decent, you would expect me to drive around in a little japanese rice rocket. But having owned a 97 and 02 vette, its hard to get back to those little 4 and 6 cylinder cars. I truely love my corvette, and even more that I slowly started suping up my 02. And I have more future plans for it, maybe cams and heads, z06 caliber with rotors, the Ecklers after market hook. So much so to do. Lets wait and see.
I think the horse power is addicting as the engine torques to you, you just don't get that in a ricer.

If you want the feeling of torque & raw horsepower, try driving a vintage big block... There's nothing like it!

Before I bought my baby in '97, I drove a friend's '95 and her twin sister's '74 454 4-speed. While the 95 was a much quieter and refined ride and was plenty quick enough, it just didn't get me as excited as the C3. There was just too much dampening the driving experience for me. My friend was shocked to hear that I liked driving her sister's "old beater" more than her new one.

Oh well, as they say, to each their own...

Sounds like you've got your mind pretty much made up, but I am curious to know if you've test driven any C3s?

Barb :w

BBB454 said:
If you want the feeling of torque & raw horsepower, try driving a vintage big block... There's nothing like it!

Before I bought my baby in '97, I drove a friend's '95 and her twin sister's '74 454 4-speed. While the 95 was a much quieter and refined ride and was plenty quick enough, it just didn't get me as excited as the C3. There was just too much dampening the driving experience for me. My friend was shocked to hear that I liked driving her sister's "old beater" more than her new one.

Oh well, as they say, to each their own...

Sounds like you've got your mind pretty much made up, but I am curious to know if you've test driven any C3s?

Barb :w
I have never driven a C3 and I do like refinement, but it would be fun to drive one just once just to say I've done it.

Sting Ray all the way B-). I'm not a fan of the C3s what-so-ever. Call me crazy, call me whatever, but to me, i just dont see the huge appeal to them. I love the almost every other corvette style (except for early C4s, up till 91). They do produce some good #s from the early BBs though, i'll give 'em that. A guy whos a good friend of our family, and a member of the Neuse River CC, has a early 70s Stingray w/ a 454 (dont remember the exact year) and he laid down a nice strip of rubber leaving a show one time...but, i still dont like the C3s. Now Sting Rays, oh my. Nothing looks more beautiful, then a black or dark blue 67 coupe/roadster w/ that stinger hood....mmmmmmmm. But, to each their own. If it's a Corvette, you can't really go wrong, no matter what the year :upthumbs :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom