Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What is this carb from?

neutron

Corvette
67 Marlboro Maroon Coupe
Looking for some help to identify the carb and intake manifold I pulled off my '67. The car had a L-89 from a '68 in it, so I'm assuming it has a mixture of parts. The carb is a Holley 4-BBL stamped with "3886091-AN, LIST-3418-1, 961." The intake manifold is a high-rise aluminum numbered 3919878.

From what I could find on the internet, that carb was on the '67 L-88, but it seems pretty unlikely it came from one of those. Was it used on other '67 big blocks? The manifold probably came from a Camaro, but could have been used on a Corvette. Anyone know if this combination was used on the C2's?

Looking for some help to identify the carb and intake manifold I pulled off my '67. The car had a L-89 from a '68 in it, so I'm assuming it has a mixture of parts. The carb is a Holley 4-BBL stamped with "3886091-AN, LIST-3418-1, 961." The intake manifold is a high-rise aluminum numbered 3919878.

From what I could find on the internet, that carb was on the '67 L-88, but it seems pretty unlikely it came from one of those. Was it used on other '67 big blocks? The manifold probably came from a Camaro, but could have been used on a Corvette. Anyone know if this combination was used on the C2's?
L89 engines were aluminum heads and intake tri power carbs not a 4 bbl.

That's an 855 cfm, vacuum secondary 4150 Holley. The 3418 number is correct for an L88. Also the first part of the "3886091-AN" is the GM part number for the four-barrel on an L88.

That carb was not used on any other engine and may have been used for only that year.

The only production usage for that carburetor was the '67 L-88, but that one is a Service replacement made in June, 1969.

:beer

Thank you! Looks like the car was raced at some point in the past--it had a heavy duty scatter shield and there were holes in the frame where a roll bar was bolted in. I'm assuming someone blew up the original motor and replaced it with whatever they thought would go fast. Any ideas on the intake manifold?

Thank you! Looks like the car was raced at some point in the past--it had a heavy duty scatter shield and there were holes in the frame where a roll bar was bolted in. I'm assuming someone blew up the original motor and replaced it with whatever they thought would go fast. Any ideas on the intake manifold?

:w Neutron-

I ran the part number you provided in an earlier post. Could that intake be from a Camaro L-78 engine possibly? It would be consistent with the late 60s...

Found this link-
68 L-78 Intake: 3933163 vs. 3919878 - Team Camaro Tech

In running the casting # on the engine, it seems that the heads and intake are original, but the listing I have found for a 68 L78 on the intake should be 3919878: this car has the 3933163 intake, which is listed as a COPO intake.
;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom