Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is your opinion on custom Callaway emblems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brangeta

Hi guys, I was wondering, what is your opinion on custom emblems? I ask because I have been playing with the idea in my head of having a one-off set of custom emblems made for my future C8. Just a little weekend dreaming I suppose...

c8logodesign.png

The C12 has a similar logo on the rear
callaway_c12_logo.gif

so I thought it would be cool to essentially carry the branding over to the older car, the C8.

What do you guys think? Would this be offensive, or cool? It's hard for me to judge.

Do you think this is a cool idea, or something as lame as someone putting ZR1 emblems on a fake ZR1?

Brangeta, Please take this in a reasonable constructive way. I know you are a true Callaway fan and future owner! But please already, This is after all the CORVETTE Action Center and you continually post about C8's. Yes we think it's a great part of Callaway Chevrolet history, but really. Can we stay relatively Corvette oriented. Thanks

If there were another Callaway forum available on the internet, I'd be happy to post there instead. ;shrug

Just because there is not another forum for you to post does make it right for you to post here about Camaro's . Please realize this is a corvette forum We are asking you to keep it CORVETTE related.

If there were another Callaway forum available on the internet, I'd be happy to post there instead. ;shrug

Take the intiative and start one................

Brangeta, to streamline this Callaway Corvette Forum, I presented the suggestion to make a sub-forum here at the :CAC for "Other Callaway Vehicles"

The Corvette Action Center took a HUGE step forward, in 2002 with the creation of the Callaway Corvette area here, and has been a leader in this arena since :cool

This will hopefully help with this issue that has come up now three times this year - the reality of it all, is that some Callaway Corvette owners ARE Callaway C8, C9, C?. owners as well, and would be interested in all things Callaway - past & present. :upthumbs

Enjoy! :beer

Hi guys, I was wondering, what is your opinion on custom emblems? I ask because I have been playing with the idea in my head of having a one-off set of custom emblems made for my future C8. Just a little weekend dreaming I suppose...

c8logodesign.png

callaway_c12_logo.gif

so I thought it would be cool to essentially carry the branding over to the older car, the C8.

What do you guys think? Would this be offensive, or cool? It's hard for me to judge.

Do you think this is a cool idea, or something as lame as someone putting ZR1 emblems on a fake ZR1?

Looks good to me:upthumbs .

Just because there is not another forum for you to post does make it right for you to post here about Camaro's . Please realize this is a corvette forum We are asking you to keep it CORVETTE related.

I think he got the message, you don't have to be so rude:mad . He has posted alot of `Callaway Corvette' related material that I found to be useful.

Folks step back to 2002 and remember the other Forum we used to post on and how nasty it felt to be chastized by the ZR-1 guys because the Callaway guys were posting on their Forum. Granted the name of the Forum was ZR-1 but the byline stated Callaway and other specialty corvettes.

I was so upset :mad (to put it nicely) that when this forum was formed I swore to never return to the other one, not even to pull off my first Callaway Website. Those of you who monitor the other one know I never have.

I do not feel it is right for people to jump all over Brangeta or anyone else for doing the same, particularly if it is Callaway related. The C8 is a Callaway car.

You have the power to ignore the thread and move on. And frankly, he contributes often while some of you seldom don't. And also given the friction and history with the other forum, I expect better from you all.

How narrow should the forum be? I think it should be more inclusive than exclusive.

Face it, we have talked just about every aspect of the Callaway C4 and the only things we really recently talk about are brakes and 100+. So in the spirit of comradery: Brangeta, I welcome your comments and posts.

Thanks,

-Luigi
:cool

I think it is very cool. -Luigi :cool

c8logodesign.png

callaway_c12_logo.gif

Folks step back to 2002 and remember the other Forum we used to post on and how nasty it felt to be chastized by the ZR-1 guys because the Callaway guys were posting on their Forum. Granted the name of the Forum was ZR-1 but the byline stated Callaway and other specialty corvettes.

I was so upset :mad (to put it nicely) that when this forum was formed I swore to never return to the other one, not even to pull off my first Callaway Website. Those of you who monitor the other one know I never have.

I do not feel it is right for people to jump all over Brangeta or anyone else for doing the same, particularly if it is Callaway related. The C8 is a Callaway car.

You have the power to ignore the thread and move on. And frankly, he contributes often while some of you seldom don't. And also given the friction and history with the other forum, I expect better from you all.

How narrow should the forum be? I think it should be more inclusive than exclusive.

Face it, we have talked just about every aspect of the Callaway C4 and the only things we really recently talk about are brakes and 100+. So in the spirit of comradery: Brangeta, I welcome your comments and posts.

Thanks,

-Luigi

Well said, Luigi:beer .

Thanks for the kind words Luigi and others. I really appreciate the new forum addition! :upthumbs

I was actually very close last night to completely ditching my Callaway inclinations and going after a car more acceptable by enthusiasts. :ugh Which wouldn't be an easy thing to do, since I love its aerodynamic shape.

I came to this forum half a year ago because Camaro forums were filled with nothing but hate and incorrect information about "CallOways" and "C-8s."

Coming here, I really enjoyed the wealth of ACCURATE information I received, and meeting all of the new people who actually owned these cars I've lusted after in magazines--both C8s and Callaway Corvette offerings.

My entry into this forum half a year ago was very warm and welcoming, but lately some of you have been inclusive/elite about what should and should not be talked about. I've tried to be a submissive as I know I have no rank here, but why didn't you just skip reading my topics? :confused It really isn't that difficult. And what is wrong with me making new topics? This forum would be mostly dead if Chris did not work so hard to bring content to it. ;shrug

I have enjoyed posting here to talk to the other Callaway owners. Whether it was announcing my graduation from college, discussing what people use as their daily drivers, or whatever came to mind. I saw the Callaway forum on the CAC as a place to talk to the owners. Not necessarily a place to discuss solely facts about the cars.

Alas, I don't want to argue about any of this. That's all in the past... and I love that a new Callaway Forum for non-Corvette discussion has been created. Thanks Rob! :CAC

Brangeta... thanks to you :beer.

Without controversial issues, we do not evolve. Also thanks for braving the temperments. Hopefully we can move on now and not :BDH

Enjoy!

-Luigi

I've been watching this forum since 2002 and enjoy readng the posts (sorry if I don't participate more).
You wonder if some of those 'Vette topics should be brought to light again in the hopes of generating new discussions with new members....I wouldn't mind the rehashing....perhaps we'd get new participants, comments, experiances, insights, etc....what was being talked about in 2002, 2003??
also miss the thread of callaway corvette pictures!

Thanks,

-Luigi

I'm with Luigi on this one. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Sure, some of the posts are not "Corvette" related - and not only by Brangeta, others (myself included) have been guilty of this also. So what? If I see threads I'm not interested in, I have no problem skipping over them. Personally, I'm here as much for the community as for the cars.

That said, I'm OK with a separate forum to better focus some of the discussions as well. I think this is a great addition and a great way to 'formally' expand the scope of the Callaway family forum.

Oh, and as for the subject of this thread - I think your logos rock! :Steer But I'm curious - how would you go about having a set of one-off emblems made? I can think of another potential use or two if it isn't ridiculously expensive.

Thank you to those who participate in the discussions were having now and those discussions of the past - we all come here for the love of the cars :upthumbs ESPECIALLY those who have been onboard since 2002! :cool

kingforward said:
I've been watching this forum since 2002 and enjoy readng the posts (sorry if I don't participate more).
You wonder if some of those 'Vette topics should be brought to light again in the hopes of generating new discussions with new members....I wouldn't mind the rehashing....perhaps we'd get new participants, comments, experiances, insights, etc....what was being talked about in 2002, 2003??
also miss the thread of callaway corvette pictures!

Kingforward, Great point!
Here is a cool tip to finding older threads - Once you view a topic, as you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a section listed called "Similar Threads" and a box will have addl. threads that may be relevant to the one you currently are viewing - I have noticed some are from 2002/2003 and agree, some of our newer members may enjoy reading those (for the first time) :cool

Regarding this thread, I urge folks to conduct themselves as they would if you were having a face-to-face discussion with someone.

...in the meantime, this thread has outlived its purpose. :w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom