Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is your range/MPG?

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Just curious, what kind of range you guys get out of a tank/mpg?

With the miniram conversion in the 90, I go about 260 miles per tank, and start looking for a place to fill up. At 280 miles, I am getting desperate. That equates to about 18.28 MGP on average.

My driving includes both highway and heavy congested city driving each way each day. I have 2/3 of my distance at 65-70 mph, and 1/3 less than 30 in stop and go bumper to bumper. It is about 30 miles each eay.

This is very close to what Nikki was getting out of the car with the stock engine in town. Her C5 is averaging between 18-20 mpg.

What is strange, is my MPG has been going down. I was just over 20 mpg when I first dropped the replacement engine in. I am noticing a lot of black smut on the flowmasters, and it smells rich in traffic.

How about you guys?

specs--custom engine
6 speed trans
3.33 rear gears.

The 85 gets about 20MPG. The 82 gets 15:eek Amazing what those computers can do for mileage.:cool Most of my driving is high speed, TPK,95, etc. On long trips the 85 gets 24;)

I average 18.5 in my 96 -

about a 50/50 combination of highway and bumper-to-bumper rush hour driving.

I don't even trust the range number, it's gone down to zero once on me, but I made it to the gas station. I do manage an average of 16.7 during the warm months and around 12.3 or so in the colder months. Hopefully, a tune up in a couple of weeks will do me a little easier on the wallet. The gas prices here in Illinois have been absolutely highway robbery lately!

Edmond

I get 28-30 mpg @ 68mph on interstate. no ac, windows closed.

I lose a mile if I keep windows open and encounter some traffic.

lose 2 miles with ac on.

Im about 24-28 Highway but in the city WHOA Im way down stop and go Ive seen it it 8mpg hehe.

Chris could your O2 sensors not be working properly? If there are seeing to much flow wont they tell the engine to raise the fuel intake because its thinks your burning Lean? Something I was warned against when I dumped my cats, I had to install resonators in they're place to keep the right pressure as to fool the O2's.

However when I do my engine dump I'd like to know how to trick the O2's permanently so I can do whatever I want in the exhaust anyone know how to do this?

whew, some nice numbers posted up here

On my trip to NYC, I got just over 12 mpg on the Turnpike. I don't even want to know what it gets around town, especially when I'm snapping my neck, which is usually most of the time.

427 435hp 4.11 gears

Chris, what about the 69. How does she do?

Anthony

Last 2 tanks averaged 6 MPG
Thunder will pass most things on the road except for gas stations :L :L

BigRed said:

Chris could your O2 sensors not be working properly? If there are seeing to much flow wont they tell the engine to raise the fuel intake because its thinks your burning Lean?

O² sensors get lazy with mileage.
after 60k miles just change it/them

or check the O² counts and see if they are in spec.

you can see 15% increase in mileage if he sensor is very lazy, yet never have a CEL/SES light.

'95. 3:07

Around town, summer, easy-does-it = prox. 19-21

Interstate, summer, 2 occupants, 65 mph+, w/ AC + a weekend tooling around in Nashville traffic = 25.9.

Last week I was down to the last bar on the gauge at 265 miles, but the tank only took 16 gallons. That's what, 16.5? That's also what the computer said it averaged. I've been laying into it pretty heavy since the knock sensor was replaced, and driving with the windows down (who needs a stereo with a V8?). Saw a high of 21 for half a tank when lightly driving.
[RICHR]

hmmmm......

87 coupe 2.59 gear

i average about 19 city and around 25 highway BUT i've seen an average out of a tank of about 12.5 mpg....lol :L

Export '91 (auto): Average after first month of owning, highway, village, traffic light sprints, you name it: 19 mpg.

Interstate, 75 mph: 29 mpg

What about the older vettes?

I average about 15mpg in my '71. Split city/highway 50/50.

With Hawaii gas prices and the mideast thing.. I am glad I baught a Mini! (27/37) I just wish I could mesh the two! The vette hauls, but can't stop like the mini, and the mini is a slug but sure can stop! If only I could get a C5 that would appreciate and sound like an old one... for 20K... haha

oh.. yeah. what about those mid-years and solid axles? what kind of gas mileage do they get? 427/435hp?

BigRed said:
Im about 24-28 Highway but in the city WHOA Im way down stop and go Ive seen it it 8mpg hehe.

Chris could your O2 sensors not be working properly? If there are seeing to much flow wont they tell the engine to raise the fuel intake because its thinks your burning Lean? Something I was warned against when I dumped my cats, I had to install resonators in they're place to keep the right pressure as to fool the O2's.

However when I do my engine dump I'd like to know how to trick the O2's permanently so I can do whatever I want in the exhaust anyone know how to do this?

I have a new Bosch 3 wire heated O2 that I installed through TPiS with less than 5,000 miles on it. I have had the scanner on it, and I have a very difficult time turning down the fuel pressure and setting the time to reflect any less than 900 mv at WOT.

As far as the 69 goes, I have yet to get her out on the road running.

Looks like the city driving is floating around 18-19 so far. So, we are in the same ball park.

my old 92 LT1 28hwy 21 around town 50%/50% 18 stop and go.

My 94 LPE 383 24hwy 19.5 around town 16 stop and go.
But a lot more fun to drive!

What is your range/MPG

Abooout...... On the '85 and the '86 mixed city and highway usually about 20 to 22 per tank........

I get between 14/17 mpg in mostly rural type driving with the 94. This is only if the computer is accurrate. I guess thats not too bad for 3.73 gears and a auto trans. I haven't really checked it using the paper and pencil method.

The 75 seem to run around 14 mpg if you drive normal.

An 84 heard from

Just got back from a long drive (Bowling Green, KY) and she gets between 21-22 mpg with or without ac. Around town she gets around 15. I'm heavier on the pedel around town though. If I'm easy (read as not as fun) then I can squeeze out 18.
--Drew:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom